No Compatible Streams

nagetech

nagetech

Howdy!

I'm loving the Beta Version of the Roku App ;) It's quite functional (curious, do you guys have a target date for a final release?)

I do have a random issue with it....

Randomly it just won't play some files. It just throws an error "no compatible streams found" (going from memory, but I'm pretty sure that is the proper context)

But the same file plays just fine in the "old" Roku App.

is this a bug?

Thanks in advance :)

nagetech

Hey Luke!

Sorry Didn't realize the emby server log would help in this case :) I'll get a log attached!

nagetech

Bummer looks like the log from yesterday is like 500 megs...so too big to upload here... I'll wait for the next time the error happens and see if I can grab that log immediately

That ffmpeg log seems like the item played for a bit which doesn't seem like it would produce the message you said you got.  Are you sure it is from the playback that caused that?

You can zip the log to reduce its size.  Or just reproduce the issue with a fresh restart of the server.

Thanks!

Koleckai Silvestri

I had this problem with the Roku App as well. The only way to resolve it was to turn off Hardware Acceleration. Seems the Roku doesn't get along with it.

ifignella

I had this problem with the Roku App as well. The only way to resolve it was to turn off Hardware Acceleration. Seems the Roku doesn't get along with it.

Same here. I've seen this a lot. One episode ends, try to play next episode, get error.

@@ebr, it's hard to reproduce, it pretty random, not 100%

nagetech

I don't have hardware acceleration turned on in my Emby Server :(

Of course last few days I haven't used the roku much (extra work) and the few times I have watched it the error hasn't come up.

Bummer.... I wonder how many other people have the same problem but just haven't mentioned it on the forums.

Sent a log through the app.

2:54am

Server name: Server

User: Dad

From exactly where are you playing each time?

You don't have the auto queue next episode set?

ifignella

Auto next episode is on, but i played the episode from:

HOME > LATEST SHOWS > enter a show > PLAY NEXT UP.

when you watch an episode from there, the next one doesn't auto play. You are just brought back to the screen where you can choose to play next up again. I think i may have watched 1 or 2 episodes before the error, each time clicking play next up after the previous episode.

As i type this out i wonder if after a played episode, the screen you are brought back to doesn't have time to refresh, so when you click the play next up button again it's trying to find the episode you just played instead of the next one, but the just played episode isn't in queue anymore.

I saw it.  Thanks.

To test your theory, next time, wait about five seconds before hitting the button again.

• 4 weeks later...
Clark

Any update on what is going on here? Because I've just realised I have the exact same issue he's describing as well. I get an incompatible stream error randomly, and the only way I've figured thus far to fix it is to restart the Roku app. If it helps, from the server log it seems as if it's trying to play the last episode that played (even if its a different show altogether). Then a black screen until I hit next to exit back to the last menu For example, the server log shows :

2017-06-07 20:29:44.9418 Info SessionManager: Playback stopped reported by app Roku SG 3.0.24 playing Test, 1080p. Stopped at 0 ms2017-06-07 20:29:44.9418 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 192.168.0.110. Time: 0ms. http://192.168.0.104:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Stopped 

when in reality, that file had finished playing almost 20 minutes before. And it was in a totally different, show season and episode altogether.

Farfignugget

I sent a log through the app on this last night around midnight or 12:30

Server name - server

User - dad

I sent a log through the app on this last night around midnight or 12:30

Server name - server

User - dad

Hi.  Auto play next when playing from the "Next Up" button on a show page should be fixed in the current beta version (3.0.29).  Is that the issue to which you are referring?

What were you playing?  Do you also have the server log from the same time?

Are you sure it wasn't due to something like a time restriction on the user?

Farfignugget

I'm not home right now, but i will get it for you.

@@ebr, it was strange because i had just started the app and i played about 30 mins of a movie then backed out of that, went to a tv series and tried to shuffle play ( i was trying to see if it was still always playing the pilot episode first... It was). I backed out of that and just found an episode and tried playing that, then i got the error. I'm not sure i let the shuffle play episode completely load before i backed out. maybe it has something to do with that stream and still trying to find the next one?

I will post server log later.

Thanks.

Are you running on the production or beta level server?

I believe fixing the shuffle play is going to require a new server version and it may already be in the beta.

ifignella

I'm on production level now, but I will test the beta and see if it resolves that issue.

Here are the server logs, I wasn't sure what the exact time was so I am posting 3 different ones.

One correction to my statement above is I believe someone else was logged in before me.  I signed them out and me in.

12:00 am - https://www.dropbox.com/s/j99gisz1l6m55o0/12.txt?dl=0

12:34 am - https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1yospsug4xm7dj/1234.txt?dl=0

12:36 am - https://www.dropbox.com/s/eiagu08cz3hd8z4/1236.txt?dl=0

I'm on production level now, but I will test the beta and see if it resolves that issue.

Here are the server logs, I wasn't sure what the exact time was so I am posting 3 different ones.

One correction to my statement above is I believe someone else was logged in before me.  I signed them out and me in.

12:00 am - https://www.dropbox.com/s/j99gisz1l6m55o0/12.txt?dl=0

12:34 am - https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1yospsug4xm7dj/1234.txt?dl=0

12:36 am - https://www.dropbox.com/s/eiagu08cz3hd8z4/1236.txt?dl=0

I'm sorry, there are several people in here with different issues.  Which issue are you talking about now?

The auto play when using the "Next Up" button should be fixed in the beta of the app negating the need for you to continue hitting that button for each episode.