Idea for Emby - Kodi proper rating system

houk008

houk008

How difficult will be to create in emby tags with name from 1 to 10 and use them as rating in kodi? This tags could be represented as 5 star category for preference from mp3 id3 tag v2.  I have all my mp3 library tagged for preference and made a script to represent preference tag as rating in kodi. 

mp3 id3 tag preference have typical 5 star representations in mp3 application, but id3 tag standard for this tag called POPM have 0-255 vaules.

Apps represent this as value 0-5. Only Windows done it the hard way from 1-31 first star, 32-95  second etc.  :)

This is easy to extrapolate to 10 star kodi rating and from there should be easy to transfer this to emby tags and back.

Of course media scanner in emby need some work but this is not something big to do. Or emby for kodi on synchro could set this value in emby properly. 

This change of course can coexist with current like, dislike options but full representation of 5 star system is better in my opinion. Also this is proper way to save id3 tag in files from emby/kodi tags/ratings.

Custom tags from emby should be synchronized with kodi. I've noticed that only library names for same library category as synchronizes as tags but emby custom tags is not. Any plans for that?

• 2 weeks later...
Angelblue05

Custom tags are synchronized for the video library. I don't believe Kodi supports tags for the music library.

• 2 weeks later...
houk008

Maybe for movies library tags is synchronized but for music video is not.

For music library i need only rating and situation representation in emby tags.

Angelblue05

Tags should already exist for music videos. If it's not, can you hit save in the metadata manager (in the webclient) on a music video you expect to be tagged and provide your Kodi log. Thanks

houk008

When i add tag Dance to music video its synchronized for one item with small problem, item is duplicated in kodi.

23:31:20.781 T:11160  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.musicvideos -> ADD mvideo itemid: d46bc68bab388db5b3f3d5ce6d4545d3 - Title: Ain't Your Mama

For second item there is operation in log for sync

23:35:39.090 T:11160  NOTICE: EMBY.objects.musicvideos -> UPDATE mvideo itemid: 66a5ddbd67bfc0025a05c4c9f43ca5f4 - Title: Ayo Technology
23:35:39.115 T:11160  NOTICE: EMBY.database -> number of rows updated: 1
but in kodi item have no tag.

When I reset local kodi database and restart kodi  tag Dance is not synced to any music video.

Edited by houk008