Fails to tune using more than two tuners

FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept

There are two programs recording. It is not possible to tune to any thing else. I tried through web app and the NVIDIA SHIELD TV Android TV app (logs submitted).

tuners.png

192.168.0.159 (HDHomeRun EXTEND)

Tuner 0 Channel: 189.000 MHz

Tuner 1 Channel: 683.000 MHz

192.168.0.160 (HDHomeRun EXTEND)

Tuner 0 Channel: none

Tuner 1 Channel: none

192.168.0.161 (HDHomeRun EXTEND)

Tuner 0 Channel: none

Tuner 1 Channel: none

Edit: I have verified 160 and 161 are responding to web requests to watch TV (watched a bit via MPC-HC).

logs.zip

Edited by FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept

I'm almost positive this issue is related to the issue in this thread:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46663-live-tv-broke-less-than-24-hours-after-update/

The two recordings finished. All 6 tuners are now available. I tried to tune to a channel on the NVIDIA SHIELD and it is giving the exact same error it did before (no available tuners). Live TV doesn't work at all on the web either.

Attempting to use three tuners at once appears to completely break Emby Live TV.

The logs attached here are the same as above but include trying Live TV after the recordings finished.

I'm now obligated to restart Emby Server to make Live TV work again.

logs.zip

FordGT90Concept

I tried to reproduce this and the bug failed to present itself. Two shows were recording, three were watching via web, and one was on Android TV. Minimal problems observed.

Something happened between the restart in the wee hours of the morning and ~9 am when I tested. Between server restart and ~10 am, the problem had not recurred.

FordGT90Concept

It successfully recorded three things simultaneously last night so I'm thinking not but tonight is the real test...

I'm thinking one of the beta updates fixed it.

legallink

@@FordGT90Concept, I've had this issue previously as well and 2 things worked for me.

1. A restart (like you did).

1.5 (maybe) delete and reset series recordings.

2. Patience.  I am/was converting the files to MP4, and the MP4 didn't show up in the episode folder til a little bit after the show was completed.....and I was watching for it immediately.

Note that #2 would not have solved what #1 did.  I had an instance or 2 where, when multiple shows were supposed to record, I only got the first few minutes of them.....and that was checking the next morning.  I was going to post a bug, but restarted, did a test, and it worked.

In my experience, I had to delete and redo the series recordings.  I'm not sure why, but I haven't had any issues since.  That being said, I did this, I want to say one or 2 months ago?  It's been fine since.

FordGT90Concept

There was an issue last night but I don't think it is related to >2 tuners. I believe the issue is fixed in the latest beta.