Cannot playback media from NAS

pyror7

pyror7

Hi,

First things first I am using emby server on a windows 10 machine and media is played through 2 Roku's via WiFi and PlayStation 4 & Xbox One via Ethernet. I use a discrete modem and router setup in my network. I store my media on 2 WD Cloud NAS that are connected via Ethernet & I store media on the server PC.

I cannot play any media on any device through emby. The server is accessible from all of the above mentioned devices. When I try to play media from the Roku for example the loading screen comes up the progress bar moves about a quarter of the way and just freezes. I can play all of the media using other programs but in emby its just frozen.

I have recently changed from a modem/router setup to 2 discrete devices, and so began the problem. I made sure after the switch that the 2 NAS devices retained their original IP addresses, as to make sure that the server looks at the same addresses. Both of the NAS in the network present this same problem. I don't get any error messages whilst using the server. I attached some of the past log events when the server failed to play media.

Thank you very much for any help.

emby log 1.txt    emby log 2.txt   emby log 3.txt

Edited by pyror7

Brandon4466

So if I am understanding correctly, you can access the server from the Roku, but it freezes when you attempt to play media? Or does it freeze when you try to connect to the server?

Or What OS are you using?

Can you access the http server by going to http://localhost:8096 on the server? Or can you access it on another computer by the server's IP address? Ex: 192.168.1.x:8096?