Any Chance....

breezytm

breezytm

Hey Luke, 

Any chance you can have your team to look into speeding things up on the server end as well as make it possible for automatic update. I am failing to see why automatic update is still not doable. 

Observation 

- Browsing is extremely slow 

- Scheduled tasks are slow. Especially library scanning. -- Perhaps there are some steps taking during the scan that can offset as a scheduled task. 

Other than that things seems somewhat stable. 

We plan to take over the QNAP packaging process and then at that point we can look at automatic updates.

• Like 1

breezytm

We plan to take over the QNAP packaging process and then at that point we can look at automatic updates.

Music to my ears. Sounds great. 

• 2 weeks later...
rjay

Would be absolutely stoked if this feature was rolled in. Seeings as Radarr, Sonarr, Jacket etc all seamlessly update/reboot would be great to be able to not have to have such a manual process for the QPKG and also be able to reboot/schedule reboots from the Web Interface rather than having to Stop/Start from the QNAP Administration interface.

Do you have a rough timeline for that process being absorbed by Emby Devs? Not going to hold you to it just interested as to when to expect it, I know it has been a often requested one since the QNAP based installation kicked off :)

thanks

breezytm

The Emby for QNAP came a long way but this thing needs some serious help. Sadly, I don't see what is the hold-up. I don't think on the server side of thing Emby can get any better. It is light years ahead of the competitors. The clients can use some help but they are doing what they are supposed to do. Little things like this request at this time seem more vital than pushing out new useless features that no one uses anyway. 

rjay

The Emby for QNAP came a long way but this thing needs some serious help. Sadly, I don't see what is the hold-up. I don't think on the server side of thing Emby can get any better. It is light years ahead of the competitors. The clients can use some help but they are doing what they are supposed to do. Little things like this request at this time seem more vital than pushing out new useless features that no one uses anyway. 

Haha mate in all honesty I doubt a request worded in this manner or with lack of thought about the content of the request is going to help gain too much traction. "I don't see what is the hold up" - this statement itself makes not a lot of sense and probably isn't helpful, unless we are Devs ourselves of course we are not going to no what is holding things up as we don't know what features/upgrades/repairs are being worked on as a priority.

All we can really do is show through forum posts the level of support for different features or post up as much info on bugs when we find them.

I do tend to agree Emby seems to be developed and supported on a vast number of platforms (which would obviously then extrapolate the amount of time needed to be spent on bug fixes) when seemingly largely popular core features such as Sync for IOS are being overlooked but again its a bit hard to tell what things are priority. You will notice I have suggested in other forum posts a possible Roadmap and Voting setup so people can see a rough timeline for features and allow Devs to see at a glance what would be the most requested as this may alleviate some of these types of postings as users will be less frustrated :)