Scanning Media Library problems

PremiumRed

PremiumRed

Hi,

I have reinstalled my server 7 times, reinstalled emby about 20 times, every time I scan for media, it freezes.

Sometimes at 14% others at 30%... At the moment it is frozen on 47.5%

The issue is that all movies and series inc episodes are scanned correctly, they all appear with metadata, posters etc as if scan was successful but the scan media percentage says differently. It also doesn't make genres.

I use UBUNTU SERVER 14.04

The log is attached.

I have even tried to scan only one folder but still same issue.

I setup plex on the same server just to try and it scanned everything perfectly and completed 100% so I don't think it is an issue with my media files.

server-63628918487.txt

Edited by PremiumRed

Hi, there is scanning activity all throughout this log. I don't think it's actually stuck. I would suggest just allowing it to finish and then future scans will be faster. Let us know if this helps. thanks.

PremiumRed

Hey, after 9 hours I can't see any change...

Here is the log.

It is not adding any more movies, or doing anything really.

Log.txt

Is your live tv guide currently refreshing? Try stopping that and see if it helps the library scan finish. thanks.

PremiumRed

Hi,

I noticed something..

I went into a movie folder and I noticed there was 1 movie with no metadata so I clicked "identify" and added the imdb id manually and when it saved, a new movie appeared. I have repeated this process 5 times and The library scan has advanced but I can't do this for EVERY movie as I have thousands. I think I found a bug.

I don't think you've found a bug, instead I think that movie just hadn't completed scanning yet.

PremiumRed

I have tried leaving it for 20 minutes and until I manually identify the movie, the scan doesn't continue. Do you want access to my admin via pm?

PremiumRed

Thanks for your help but I am thinking of giving up and going back to plex... I liked this option because of live tv feature but I have spent 2 weeks on this now.

I even switched off "download metadata from internet" because these video files came from a previous installation of emby so all nfo, xml, images etc are all in the same folder as media so emby could just read locally, but not even that works.

I also disabled all task managers so nothing would affect the scan but this doesn't move.

PremiumRed

Luke I have sent you a PM.... still no change and I al scanning folders that already have nfos and jpgs created by a previous emby installation so they should import without issues