Server often "stopped", have to restart manually

Burrito78

Burrito78

Hi,

after a day or two when i want to use my Emby server it doesn't respond anymore and i have to look into DSM package center. 

I see that Emby service is "stopped" and i have to manually restart it every time.

The logs say something went wrong. See the exception log (log.txt), the log where the problem happened (log-1.txt) and the current log after restarting (log-2.txt) in the attached zip file.

Regards,

Burrito78

Emby Synolgy crash logs.zip

Burrito78

Fyi, today i disabled dynamic port mapping because i'm not using DLNA at all and the errors were spamming my logfiles.

Burrito78

It didn't crash again.

Don't know if "dynamic port mapping" was the problem or something else. My logs are smaller now, thats for sure! 

I will post here if the problem comes back.

Edited by Burrito78

• 1 month later...

Ok, as soon as 3.2.19 is available for Synology please let me know if it reproduces with that. Thanks.

solabc16

Hello @@Burrito78

The 3.2.19 release is now available to install, let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the feedback above as well, it's consistent with what has been reported before and something that will continue to be looked into.

Best

- James

• 1 month later...
otsego_amigo

Hello,

I'm using Emby (Version 3.2.25.0) on the same Synology nas (213j) and can agree. The service often stops working, without changing anything...even with Version 3.2.25.0. I just disabled "dynamic port mapping", too. I'll report if this problem still occurs.

Thanks. Can you please try uninstalling the kodi sync queue  plugin and then let us know if the issue persists? Thanks !

otsego_amigo

I uninstalled the plugin. What information did you take out of the log file? I'll let you know when the service crashed again.

• 4 weeks later...
solabc16

Hello @@otsego_amigo

It will be coming in the next 48 hours, I've been away on annual leave and there's a couple of changes that we need to reintegrate with this release.

Best

- James

• 1 month later...