Problem sending commands via emby connect

spitefulgod

spitefulgod

Guys I'm getting the following error when connecting into to Emby Connect and sending remote control commands to a client, the connection to the server is fine, I can pull details and query the server fine.  It works if a direct connection is used (direct to the server not via emby connect) but shows the following error otherwise...... What have a missed?

BTW the client is returned from the with the Sessions API with the ControllableByUserId set, so I know I should be able to control it.

2017-04-26 20:36:43.9650 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.0.10:8096/Sessions/80970b18df5d2bbd13bedd6443a981db/Playing?ItemIds=6f86976a2c7449d952c510ebbd1b7114&StartPositionTicks=0&PlayCommand=PlayNow. UserAgent: RestSharp/105.2.3.0
2017-04-26 20:36:43.9650 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.2.13.0
Command line: C:\Users\smillward\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Processor count: 4
Program data path: C:\Users\smillward\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application directory: C:\Users\smillward\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: appName
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<LogSessionActivity>d__51.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Api.BaseApiService.<GetSession>d__12.MoveNext()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
   at MediaBrowser.Api.Session.SessionsService.Post(Play request)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<CreateExecFn>b__0(Object service, Object request)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.<Execute>d__13.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__75.MoveNext()
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<LogSessionActivity>d__51.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Api.BaseApiService.<GetSession>d__12.MoveNext()<---

System.AggregateException
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
   at MediaBrowser.Api.Session.SessionsService.Post(Play request)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<CreateExecFn>b__0(Object service, Object request)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.<Execute>d__13.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__75.MoveNext()
InnerException: System.ArgumentNullException
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

2017-04-26 20:36:43.9650 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to 192.168.0.10. Time: 2ms. http://192.168.0.10:8096/Sessions/80970b18df5d2bbd13bedd6443a981db/Playing?ItemIds=6f86976a2c7449d952c510ebbd1b7114&StartPositionTicks=0&PlayCommand=PlayNow
2017-04-26 20:36:44.2747 Error Dlna: Error sending socket message from 10.58.2.22 to 239.255.255.250:1900
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.2.13.0
Command line: C:\Users\smillward\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Processor count: 4
Program data path: C:\Users\smillward\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application directory: C:\Users\smillward\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The requested address is not valid in its context
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndSend(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<SendAsync>b__0(IAsyncResult result)
   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket.<SendWithLockAsync>d__18.MoveNext()
   at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.<SendFromSocket>d__24.MoveNext()
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndSend(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<SendAsync>b__0(IAsyncResult result)
   at Emby.Common.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket.<SendWithLockAsync>d__18.MoveNext()
   at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.<SendFromSocket>d__24.MoveNext()

Sorry I don't have the code here it seemed redundant without the variables, but I connect to emby get a list of server, connect to a server, get the exchange token, get a list of client, get a full list of media, all fine, but then the play to command on the connected client (in this case Edge or Emby Theratre) and the above error occurs.

Again it works if I connect to the server directly and not through emby connect.

spitefulgod

Not sure I can there are so many request involved in the emby authentication, I'll try to dump the project on Github, I presume c# is OK for you guys?

spitefulgod

Ahh problem solved!!!

I see, the authorisation header is

+  [2] {X-Emby-Authorization=MediaBrowser UserId="7614b613a6114a28b3d0563f9f3c9023", Client="EmbyVision", Device="Windows", DeviceId="b2b139bf-d6f7-4088-bfd5-6addd759e890", Version="1.0.0.0"} 

which is stale and used from the token exchange, switched to:
+  [2] {Authorization=MediaBrowser UserId="7614b613a6114a28b3d0563f9f3c9023", Client="EmbyVision", Device="Windows", DeviceId="b2b139bf-d6f7-4088-bfd5-6addd759e890", Version="1.0.0.0"} 

Now works fine, thanks for the help, amazing support here.

The only change is X-Emby-Authorization to Authorization? Both should be accepted to be honest.

spitefulgod

There was that and the X-Token one (sorry can't remember the name) was duplicated twice (same data in both though). That may have been the issue, thanks for your help though, I'll check tonight to see what the specific change that stopped the error was.

spitefulgod

I have been unable to to replicate the original issue, I'll put this down to bad coding on my part or that I never had the Authorization code on at all maybe?

Anyway thanks for the help.