cast options in android app v2.8.87

djtricky

djtricky

Hi there

Can anyone tell me what the "my device" & in particular the "Chrome-Emby Mobile" options are for within the cast menu of the Android app (ver 2.8.87)

Casting works fine (selecting "chromecast") but I cant figure out what these other two options are for?

Have googled and searched these forums for hours now

Any info gratefully recieved

Screenshot.....

5900ebadd9977_Screenshot_20170426193528.

Many Thanks

Tricky

Hi, welcome. The selected player means whenever you press the play button, that's the device that the media will be played with. By selected My Device, it means you'll be playing to your smartphone. The Chrome Emby Mobile option is the web app so you probably have an open window of that on another device. Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

djtricky

LOL, Closed tab with Emby running and away it went. I cant work out why you would want to play content that's stored on a PC, controlled/selected using the android app but re-routed back through the web browser on the P.C that's running the server?? Or am I missing something?

Many thanks for solving my query though Luke

Cheers

Tricky

Different people do different things. If we remove it from the list then others will just report that as a problem.

That web browser could have been anywhere - say on a laptop connected to a projector and maybe you wanted to control it with your phone instead of having to go open up the laptop...