Emby Chromecast

CarlosLima

CarlosLima
Hello everyone

I'm doing tests on Chromecast 2 and with the Emby app for Chromecast and I have some questions.

The devices I'm using are:

- Motorola Moto G1 smartphone with Android 5.1

- Lenovo Moto G5 smartphone with Android 7.0

- iPad Mini with iOS 10.3.1

In all of Emby's app works fine but only on the iPad I do not see the

Screen Mirroring option. Is this something available only for Android?

590094aef3566_Screenshot_20170426092551. 590094cae7cc1_Screenshot_20170426092302. 590094e0b0fa3_IMG_0735.png

CarlosLima

Hi, about Emby for Chromecast, does the customer need to buy the Premiere license to have the right to use the app?

CarlosLima
I have one more question, regarding Emby Chromecast.

If the web client has a modern smart tv, the latest models and if this TV has web browsing, what better performance will it have to access the Emby Server if it also has Chromecast 2?

1. better use the smart tv browser to access the Emby Server

2. Better to use the Emby Chromecast application to access the Emby Server

59009721de1c2_chromecast_2.jpg

Edited by CarlosLima

zigzagtshirt

Hi, about Emby for Chromecast, does the customer need to buy the Premiere license to have the right to use the app?

Either purchase Premiere license, or you can purchase the app from the App store on Apple Store or Google Play. 

• Like 1

zigzagtshirt

I have one more question, regarding Emby Chromecast.
If the web client has a modern smart tv, the latest models and if this TV has web browsing, what better performance will it have to access the Emby Server if it also has Chromecast 2?
1. better use the smart tv browser to access the Emby Server
2. Better to use the Emby Chromecast application to access the Emby Server

59009721de1c2_chromecast_2.jpg

In my experience, Smart TV app is always better than chromecast as it is compatible with more formats.

Edited by zigzagtshirt
  • Like 1

CarlosLima

In my experience, Smart TV app is always better than chromecast as it is compatible with more formats.

Thanks for answering. Do you mean the Emby application for smart tv?
I did not mention in the post, but I live in Brazil and as I understand it, the application for smart tv does not support all the models, at least here in the region where I live.
Another detail, I was referring to the native browser of the TV, which I consider all bad, because they can barely open the native applications and browsing the browser is very bad.

CarlosLima

Either purchase Premiere license, or you can purchase the app from the App store on Apple Store or Google Play. 

Yes, I am a Premiere user, but I have referred to clients who access my Emby Server and are not Premiere users. In case, if I understood correctly, should they become Premiere or pay for the app in stores?

CarlosLima

I still find confusion confusing. In the Google store, there are only the Emby apps for Android and Emby for Android Tv. To use Emby for Chromecast, should not it have an app in the store? On the Emby site there is no way to download Emby to Chromecast. Can anyone clarify these details?

59009b3dd6539_Capturar.png

zigzagtshirt

Yes, I am a Premiere user, but I have referred to clients who access my Emby Server and are not Premiere users. In case, if I understood correctly, should they become Premiere or pay for the app in stores?

If you have a Premiere license on your server, then users do not need to pay for the Emby app in the app stores.  Also, they do not need to be premiere users either.

zigzagtshirt

Thanks for answering. Do you mean the Emby application for smart tv?
I did not mention in the post, but I live in Brazil and as I understand it, the application for smart tv does not support all the models, at least here in the region where I live.
Another detail, I was referring to the native browser of the TV, which I consider all bad, because they can barely open the native applications and browsing the browser is very bad.

I am referring to the Emby Application for the smart tvs; not the web browsers on the tv.   If you cannot install the Emby application, then chromecast is the better option since the web browsers on tvs are bad.

• Like 1

zigzagtshirt

I still find confusion confusing. In the Google store, there are only the Emby apps for Android and Emby for Android Tv. To use Emby for Chromecast, should not it have an app in the store? On the Emby site there is no way to download Emby to Chromecast. Can anyone clarify these details?

59009b3dd6539_Capturar.png

You need to download "Emby for Android".  The chromecast feature is available within the app.

• Like 1

CarlosLima

You need to download "Emby for Android".  The chromecast feature is available within the app.

Now it's super clear. Thank you very much.

CarlosLima

I am referring to the Emby Application for the smart tvs; not the web browsers on the tv.   If you cannot install the Emby application, then chromecast is the better option since the web browsers on tvs are bad.

Exactly what I expected. I will recommend customers to use Chromecast. Thank you very much.

Chromecast doesn't require an app at all.  You can also cast to it from the web interface.

• Like 1

Chromecast for iOS does require the iOS app. It will not work with the browser. On Android you can use the chrome browser.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Sorry if im repeating whats already been answered, but i'm finding this thread confusing.

I have Emby on my laptop... If I buy a Chromecast do I need to pay for Premiere?