Local Live TV Strange Behavior

TimFromFL
Go to solution Solved by TimFromFL,

TimFromFL

I've just started using Emby Server as I am migrating from WMC. I have SeverWMC working correctly (I think). I am able to watch my recorded TV, I can see my guide data, so that leads me to believe that the connection to the ServerWMC plugin is working as it should. I can watch live TV from remote machines without any issues from Emby Theater clients or via web browsers, but when I try to watch LiveTV from the "server" it self via Emby Theater it plays 2 seconds and then stops. I have even tried from a web browser on the machine and it still stops. The server is Windows 7 x64 and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Emby Theater to see if I could get it working since none of my Windows 10 Clients seem to have any issues with performing the same actions. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could try or where do I start looking?

Thanks in advance

krustyreturns

Weird.  In the serverwmc settings xml file (see debug tab) search for UseLocalPathsByDefault and change its default value to false, ex:

<UseLocalPathsByDefault>false</UseLocalPathsByDefault>

then save the settings and restart serverwmc, then emby.  See if that makes a difference.

TimFromFL

@@TimFromFL did you try krustyreturns suggestion in post #3?

I did try the fix by changing the setting and restarting the Emby Server and ServerWMC. When I opened Emby theater, it just kept spinning and not showing anything (I waited for about 5 mins). I didn't restart the machine though. I will try a restart and see if that has any change.

Also, do you think the HTTP Fix that is suggested here Fix for Problem of Live Streams stopping Early might work? I wasn't sure based off the description if it was the same issue or not. I don't think my stream stops early it only plays for 1-2 seconds.

Also after digging around, I noticed in the log files that ServerWMC creates TS files for its streams, I currently use LAV Filters since this is still my preexisting Media Center box and that handles mkv files for me. Do you think that could be what is interferring? I want to say that it is irrelevant but I am not sure what the difference between me using a browser on the local machine and me using Emby Theater is.

Edited by TimFromFL

To answer those two questions - possible, please try it, and no, it's not interfering.

• Solution
TimFromFL

To answer those two questions - possible, please try it, and no, it's not interfering.

I was able to resolve the issue by enabling the HTTP service for ServerWMC. I don't recall seeing it before but I was actually prompted when I was stopping and restarting the services that it must be enabled to work with Emby.

Now that LiveTV is working I can start working on the the few remaining items on my list that I need to find work arounds. Thanks Luke and KrustyReturns for all of your help