Strange kodi/emby smb bug?

spider85

spider85

Hi all,

Yesterday i installed emby server and configed it as i wanted, after that i connected my android Shield (SPMC) with the emby server, after some tweaks i had no problems playing all of the content thru the native mode.

Today i tried to connect a second kodi machine (intel Nuc + Libreelec 8.01) to the server, made the same settings and tried to sync, then a strange problem appeard.

the message was

Kodi cant locate file smb://SERVER/SERIES/MOVIESsmb://MOVIENAME.mkv

The normal path would be: smb://SERVER/SERIES/MOVIES/MOVIENAME.mkv

So for some strange reason there is a "smb://" in the middle of the file name, the shield doest have this problem, so it looks like there is a bug or something in libreelec / emby for kodi ? or iam i missing something?

In the Log files i cant find anything thats giving me a hint or something

The problem only exists with movies, series (same settings other path) work directly

Hope somebody can shine a light.

Kind Regards

Edited by spider85

Angelblue05

That is quite strange indeed. Can you confirm the path is indeed correct by going to your Emby server dashboard > library > Selct your Movie library and check the path substitution associated with the folder.

What does the path look like on Emby?

Edited by Angelblue05

spider85

That is quite strange indeed. Can you confirm the path is indeed correct by going to your Emby server dashboard > library > Selct your Movie library and check the path substitution associated with the folder.

What does the path look like on Emby?

Yes, its set as "\\SERVER\SERIES\" 

On the drive SERIES there are Directory with movienames with mkv files so like

\\SERVER\SERIES\

cloverfield\cloverfield.mkv

American Sniper\sniper.mkv

Blair Witch\blair.mkv

etc.

But the strange thing is that the Anroid Shieldtv works, there both connected to the same emby server, thru the same user.

• Like 1

kanipek

I am not sure from your post if you are using different operating systems among your different server/clients.

If you are see my post from awhile back:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/43613-error-file-no-longer-in-library/

I was having this or a very similar problem and it was due to the cross platform problem discussed in that post.

Hope that helps you out!

• Like 1

spider85

I am not sure from your post if you are using different operating systems among your different server/clients.

If you are see my post from awhile back:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/43613-error-file-no-longer-in-library/

I was having this or a very similar problem and it was due to the cross platform problem discussed in that post.

Hope that helps you out!

Tnx for your advise, i just did it.

The thing i did is no local folder with a shared network folder, but i did fill in the network address (\\SERVER\SERIES\) only as local folder and that did the trick!

Tnx all for your response!

:D 

• Like 1