Emby Server Playback Panel (Cinema Mode)

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

I've been attempting to try out Emby with a 2012 Mac Mini Server with FireTVs around the house (testing both the FireTV App and Kodi plugin).  I've been making pretty good progress setting things up the way I want it to look (different folders, editing icon images, etc.) but I'm having a problem with the so-called "PLAYBACK" pane.  I was hoping to try out the Codec Intro (always loved the THX, DD and DTS intro things at the theater).  I don't care about trailers, though.  In any case, I can't even get so far as to set up the Codec Intro directory because I get a busy spinning circle thing the moment I hit save that doesn't go away.  If I go to some other part of the Server and come back, my directory settings and checkmarks are gone.

Is it the lack of the Emby Premiere subscription that is causing the endless busy loop?  I thought there was a trial period to test features out.  I'm not about to spend $99 on an extra feature I can't even test and make sure it works as I expect.

Also, is there a way to set the default preferred audio codec for movies in general?  For example, I encode M4V files with Stereo, Dolby Digital and if available, DTS as well.  Kodi has a setting for either using the default selected codec (as shown in Subler with a checkmark and typically set to Stereo for maximum AppleTV compatibility) or the "best available" (typically in the order of something like DTS-HD MA, DTS, Dolby Digital and then Stereo if all are available).  It also remembers the setting you change it to the next time it runs if you do manually change it.  What I'm getting at is even IF I could set up the Codec Intro, the FireTV App (at least; Kodi plugin is still setting up) always selects the default (i.e. stereo) format and so I wouldn't get any Dolby Digital or DTS Intro on anything since Stereo is always the default.

VonMagnum

Wow.  ZERO views (let alone a reply) almost two days later.  I see how popular this platform is.  On the Kodi forums, the devs generally don't give a crap about anyone or anything but themselves, but regular users at least read the forums.  I've finished testing Emby (as much as I could with things like Theater mode locked out unless you pay more than a FireTV 4K costs).  Between the lack of configuration options in the FireTV App and mixing of media folders into "latest" even when they're not set to "Movies" in the server (e.g. I don't really want pROn mixed in with Movies in general or Victoria Secret model photos showing up next to family photos in the "newest photos", etc. with no way to tell it otherwise) and the Kodi Plugin destroying all file list configuration data (and replacing it with nothing including emptying out the Pictures lists but not providing any to Kodi what-so-ever), I decided Emby wasn't for me (I don't need streaming; I need synced whole house data).  I found MySQL could sync the watched/unwatched databases for me and CinemaVision had 20x the functionality of "Theater Mode" and was FREE for basic use (instead of $99 without recurring credit charges).   Goodbye Emby.

hi @@VonMagnum, we're very sorry to hear about your issue. It's possible the version you're testing had a defect on that configuration screen and that's why you got the spinning circle. A new release is currently in process of rolling out and I'm not able to see that particular problem.

In the meantime, you can use the online web app at http://app.emby.media. This should allow you to make the configuration changes that you'd like to make.

Lastly, in regards to latest media, you always have full control over this. Did you explore home screen settings? See the below screenshot. 

We work very hard to respond to every single user topic, and we thank you for your patience with that. Thanks !

58ffb87fa07e6_Untitled.png

• 2 weeks later...

The latest version of Emby Server for Mac has been posted. Apologies for the delay. Thanks !

• 3 years later...