Iridium Skin for Emby Theater

Cheesegeezer

funwithmedia

This is honestly one of the main reasons why I don't use Theater.  The layout of the main pages just make no sense to me, especially the random spotlight tile.

Stay tuned - I think you will see this changing soon.  Luke and I are embarked on a mission for consistency.  It will take some time but we are working hard on it.

If the "spotlight tile" is referring to the section that randomly rotates through items in one's libraries (similar to the Emby Theater screensaver) I actually kinda like it for how it reminds me of things in my library (which is also why I like the screensaver).

Cheesegeezer

@@Luke was gonna ask where settings are stored as these are not working when using a theme, however are fine when using defaultskin.

I'm hoping you will look at full plugin integration over the next couple of months. Similar to MBC and Server plugins. I know its readyas we used to have it.

Cheesegeezer

What settings aren't working?

Theme settings, such as the default spoiler one. We can take this discussion to my thread in the developers forum.

mentasm

Spotlight could be cool if it was configurable.  For me if it would be perfect if it rotated say through the latest 10 added items for the type you are looking at.

Cheezgeezer, any idea if you could easily add a trailers section that works just like TV and movies?  (ie spotlight, latest, unwatched).  I tried to work it out but the code beat me and I stopped working on my theme.

Edited by mentasm

Cheesegeezer

Spotlight could be cool if it was configurable. For me if it would be perfect if it rotated say through the latest 10 added items for the type you are looking at.

Cheezgeezer, any idea if you could easily add a trailers section that works just like TV and movies? (ie spotlight, latest, unwatched). I tried to work it out but the code beat me and I stopped working on my theme.

I'm not sure about trailers as I can't remember if there is a watched indicator that shows when it's been watched. Also it depends on how the trailer plugin works. I guess tho there could be a way of adding a config file to say which trailers had been watched per user and stored in the server and then read by all clients. I will have a look at some point and see how much work is involved.

funwithmedia

I'm not sure about trailers as I can't remember if there is a watched indicator that shows when it's been watched. Also it depends on how the trailer plugin works. I guess tho there could be a way of adding a config file to say which trailers had been watched per user and stored in the server and then read by all clients. I will have a look at some point and see how much work is involved.

My recollection is that the trailers plugin does have the ability to mark a trailer as watched, as I was recently browsing through the trailers and ones I'd previously watched had the watched indicator.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
yardameus

I know you have all sorts of other things going on, but I'd love to test this whenever you get a chance.  #Cheezerocks

• 2 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer

Hey guys, sorry for inactivity, I've had to suspend work over the last couple of weeks.  I was actually enjoying some time with my wife over our anniversary and getting some new sheep and now have a couple of pigs too now.  Got myself a new smoker too, ready for when the pigs go to slaughter, but i'll have to practice with some brisket in the meantime ;)

I'll be happy for any testers to help when the time comes. 

I'm back on the case now so will have some updates for you soon.

Cheers

• Like 4

Cheesegeezer

Stay tuned - I think you will see this changing soon.  Luke and I are embarked on a mission for consistency.  It will take some time but we are working hard on it.

Well just look at the interior portion of Theater, after clicking on the  home screen. That part should be familiar.

Can you implement Theater plugins back into the server side.  Or is it just that there aren't any plugins available for Theatre and that's why they don't appear in the drop down.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
Cheesegeezer

Hi @Luke @ebr how you guys doing?

Hope you are all keeping well in these rather dull, boring and very strange times.  Is it yet possible to make themes for clients, such as theatre, etc?

Cheers and stay safe

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 7:35 AM, Cheesegeezer said:

Hope you are all keeping well in these rather dull, boring and very strange times.  Is it yet possible to make themes for clients, such as theatre, etc?

Cheers and stay safe

Hi, hope you're keeping well as well. Right now no updates related to themes as we've had to focus our energy on core Emby features.

On 1/24/2021 at 7:35 AM, Cheesegeezer said:

Cheers and stay safe

Nice to hear from you Cheese.  I was beginning to wonder if you fell off a rig in the north sea :).  Glad that wasn't the case.