Iridium Skin for Emby Theater

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

Just to let you all know that I've started working on a Theme for Emby-Theatre.

It's not gonna happen overnight as I'm still getting my head around the code and also learning HTML and JS in the process.  

I've just about got the Home page the way I want it and also the Item's Details page finished. Just need to add in some extra collection views such as Coverflow, Banner and Details which i'm sure you will be familiar with if you've used Emby for WMC before.

Anyways, here's a little teaser of the Item Details Page, it's come on a long ways since I made this screenshot and the top menu is now fully functional.

Will keep you posted.

http://i.imgur.com/7Y3AHYz.png

http://i.imgur.com/tFitKzB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Q0IFTRk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VqfWYh4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8BYFxts.jpg

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 26

Cheesegeezer

This looks lovely @@Cheesegeezer! I look forward to your progress on this. This will work for Emby Theater for Windows Desktop, correct?

Yes exactly.

I think if i'm correct, that it will be cross platform integration also as it's uses webpages rather than platform specific code.  I'll find out from Luke exactly which ones.

• Like 2

funwithmedia

Very cool! :)

Hey, I don't know if you'd be open to this (and it is okay if not), but I'd love to have a list of Tags displayed somewhere on the Detail view. It doesn't have to even be very prominent. I use Emby to store Movie data for movies I have in online services (like Vudu, Disney, iTunes, etc.), in addition to movies I have locally. And Tagging is one way I've thought of indicating to the user/viewer which service a given movie is located in. I actually have a Pull Request for the default Emby Theme that in theory would integrate displaying Tags, but it looks like there is not enough general interest for it to get merged in. I'll send you a PM with the link.

Also, while I'm making requests :) I'd love too to see the corresponding label displayed for Media Stub media:
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46780-emby-theater-display-dvdblu-rayhddvd-label-for-media-stub-source-flags/

But again, it is totally cool to decline on any/all of these!

:)

Cheesegeezer

Very cool! :)

Hey, I don't know if you'd be open to this (and it is okay if not), but I'd love to have a list of Tags displayed somewhere on the Detail view. It doesn't have to even be very prominent. I use Emby to store Movie data for movies I have in online services (like Vudu, Disney, iTunes, etc.), in addition to movies I have locally. And Tagging is one way I've thought of indicating to the user/viewer which service a given movie is located in. I actually have a Pull Request for the default Emby Theme that in theory would integrate displaying Tags, but it looks like there is not enough general interest for it to get merged in. I'll send you a PM with the link.

Also, while I'm making requests :) I'd love too to see the corresponding label displayed for Media Stub media:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/46780-emby-theater-display-dvdblu-rayhddvd-label-for-media-stub-source-flags/

But again, it is totally cool to decline on any/all of these!

:)

These requests could be easily be added as theme options later on. Like i said I'm still learning to crawl let alone walk lol

Having come from theme dev for WMC its a bit of a learning curve but not too bad.

I'm gonna get the meat in first for layouts and then look at FR, but by all means add the here in this thread and all will be considered.

• Like 1

funwithmedia

yardameus

Thank you thank you thank you.  Hopefully this gets the ball rolling with others to develop themes.  Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.  So excited.

Deathsquirrel

Looks cool.  I think I like that separation of the overview from the other details I use less often.

aspdend

Cheese, you're back! been a while mate - For a number of reasons I have moved to Windows 10 and now Emby Theatre on my htpc. The Alpha of Iridium for WMC was starting to look really good and it was a shame to see it fall by the wayside...but I'm glad to see you picking it up for Theatre - this desperately needs some good theming...

Let me know if you want any testing done again.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

A couple more images

Having trouble resizing the images, especially the chapters ones, but once I figure it out it will look much neater.

tFitKzB.jpg

Q0IFTRk.jpg

VqfWYh4.jpg

8BYFxts.jpg

• Like 3

Cheesegeezer

Looks nice Mr Cheese.

Still got that horrible spotlight tile though?!

I dont mind it to be honest, removed some of the useless directed by, starring crap from the end and changed images to thumbs if available. The gear at the top will be for quick menu similarly to MBCs context menu. God there is sooooo much to do!

• Like 3

CBers

God there is sooooo much to do!

Stop playing with the sheep and get on with it then :D :D

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Stop playing with the sheep and get on with it then :D :D

I wish, I'm in the middle of the sea again!! Lol :)

Cheesegeezer

Again!!

Yup :( 

Although I finally get to go on a jolly on 8th May.... Heading over to Fort Worth, Texas to get some training on some new downhole technology.  Absolutely love Fort Worth, 

CBers

Yup :(

Although I finally get to go on a jolly on 8th May.... Heading over to Fort Worth, Texas to get some training on some new downhole technology. Absolutely love Fort Worth,

Need someone to carry your luggage Sir?

• Like 1

DGMayor

Looks nice Mr Cheese.

Still got that horrible spotlight tile though?!

This is honestly one of the main reasons why I don't use Theater.  The layout of the main pages just make no sense to me, especially the random spotlight tile.

• Like 1

This is honestly one of the main reasons why I don't use Theater.  The layout of the main pages just make no sense to me, especially the random spotlight tile.

Stay tuned - I think you will see this changing soon.  Luke and I are embarked on a mission for consistency.  It will take some time but we are working hard on it.

• Like 2

CBers

Stay tuned - I think you will see this changing soon. Luke and I are embarked on a mission for consistency. It will take some time but we are working hard on it.

Sounds interesting.

Sounds interesting.

Well just look at the interior portion of Theater, after clicking on the  home screen. That part should be familiar.