Very Slow to Navigate

ross_c

ross_c

Hello,

Been using Emby for quite some time within WMC and never really had problems with it till lately. I can load emby ok but then navigating within is PAINFULLY slow to the point its pretty much unusable. As an example, I'll load Emby, choose my profile and press right on the remote to go to movies. It can take up to 30 seconds to move to movies, and sometimes longer to go to photos and Tv shows. Once I click into movies for example, navigating across is just as painful, the response time from remote press to the action happening on screen is just too slow. Sometimes I get a 'This application isn't responding do you want to close or wait' dialog from WMC.

I've attached a log, I notice a lot of socket exceptions etc. Probably has something to do with it but don't know how to fix. Performance on the PC is otherwise fine so its not because of a low spec machine or anything.

Can you help?

Log.txt

Hi.  That's a server log.  Whatever is going on sounds like it is happening on the WMC side.  Not sure the app log will tell us either but that's what we'd need to take a look at.  See the EMC section here: How to Report a Problem

ross_c

Thanks for the reply. I had a look for WMC logs but in AppData\<myuser>\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Classic there was only a configurations directory. No logs dir.

I checked the Windows event log and found this, not sure if relevant

Exception Microsoft.MediaCenter.UnhandledAddInException: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result) at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.WebClient.UploadDataInternal(Uri address, String method, Byte[] data, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.UploadString(Uri address, String method, String data) at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ConnectHttpClient.Post(String url, String contentType, String postContent) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ConnectHttpClient.Post(String url, String contentType, String postContent) at MediaBrowser.ApiInteraction.ConnectApiClient.Post[T](String url, Dictionary`2 args) at MediaBrowser.Application.get_NewPin() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object[] index) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.FastPropertyInfo.FastClrPropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ObjectPath.PropertyOperations.Get(Object instance, String stPath, Boolean fThrowOnError) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ObjectPath.Get(Object instance, Int32 idxStart, Int32 nCount, Boolean fErrorOnNullReturn, Boolean fThrowOnError) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Set.ApplyWorker(Object args) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.RuleCollection.Update(IRulesHost rulesHost) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Template.ViewBlueprint.Build(Object objContext, Object objRoot) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Host.OnPreInitialize() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.DeliverInitializations() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.ImplementUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiZone.ProcessUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiSession.ProcessInitialization() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition) at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)

Not positive if it is either but it does look like you have a certificate issue of some sort.

The location of EMC logs is detailed in the post to which I linked above.  Thanks.

Emby for WMC Logs

Emby for Media Center (including configurator) logs are found in
\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\logs

ross_c

Do you have a full path? I searched for that folder and the only one found was the one I mention in my previous post, which only had a configurator directory with no logs.

I'm either in the wrong directory or logs aren't on. 

Open an Explorer window and enter '%programdata%' in the address bar and hit enter and then you should be able to see the MediaBrowser-Classic folder there.