Emby for Kodi fails on Kodi boot, SNIMissingWarning

BenEmb

BenEmb

I have been trying to get Emby to run on an android device running Kodi.  Every time I have installed it, I get an error within a minute of Kodi loading.  The error ends up saying "ImportError: cannot import name SNIMissingWarning".

For the setup:

Server:  I have Emby server running on a windows 10 machine and it works fine except that I can not get the settings right to load when I boot.  I have the 'Run server on startup' set under settings of the dashboard.  

Client1:  On my laptop, I can go to "http://app.emby.media/dashboardgeneral.html"under chrome and everything works fine.

Client2:  Android device (cheap box to run Kodi; originally set up with all the programs to run a lot of stuff from tv.addons; still trying to get all this removed) running Android 5.1.1 API level 22; Kodi 16.1.  For Emby, I have tried both repositories at 'http://kodi.emby.media/'. 

In going through the forum, I did find a similar problem from a windows box having the SNIMissingWarning posted by user kro on  24 February 2016 - 04:47 AM.    AngelBlue05 seemed to find a solution but I could not figure it out from the forum posts.  It seemed as if by changing this setting fixed it: In the add-on settings > Emby > HTTPS, do you have verify host ssl enabled?   I do not see an HTTPS setting under Emby's settings on my version.  Under settings, I have "General, Sync options, Video Playback, Extras and Advanced".  I do not see anything about HTTPS under any unless they show up by changing something from the default.  I have tried both connect methods of Manual and Emby Connect.  I have also turned off Enable fast startup(I don't remember installing a plugin for this).

When either I boot Kodi or try to start Emby, I get an error on the screen saying "Emby error: Check the log for more information".  I have gone through the log and found that the problem is that the emby cannot find a version of urllib3 that contains SNIMissingWarning.  Here is an excerpt from kodi.log(https://paste.ubuntu.com/24398876/)

01:40:42 T:18446744072342938800 DEBUG: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:40:42 T:18446744072342938800 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(26, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py): the source file to load is "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py"
01:40:42 T:18446744072342938800 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(26, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py): setting the Python path to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps:/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib:/:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1/base.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python26.zip:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1/base.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1/base.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/plat-linux3:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1/base.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-tk:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1/base.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-old:/data/app/org.xbmc.kodi-1/base.apk/assets/python2.6/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload
01:40:42 T:18446744072342938800 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(26, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py): entering source directory /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps
01:40:42 T:18446744072342938800 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(26, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.openweathermap.maps/default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.openweathermap.maps" dependent on version 2.20.0 of the xbmc.python api
01:40:42 T:18446744072326974200 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: cannot import name SNIMissingWarning
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/service.py", line 22, in <module>
from service_entry import Service
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/service_entry.py", line 14, in <module>
import userclient
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/userclient.py", line 12, in <module>
import artwork
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/artwork.py", line 17, in <module>
from database import DatabaseConn
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/database.py", line 15, in <module>
from views import Playlist, VideoNodes
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/views.py", line 15, in <module>
import read_embyserver as embyserver
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/read_embyserver.py", line 12, in <module>
import downloadutils
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/downloadutils.py", line 12, in <module>
import connect.connectionmanager as connectionmanager
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/connect/connectionmanager.py", line 18, in <module>
from requests.packages.urllib3.exceptions import InsecureRequestWarning, InsecurePlatformWarning, SNIMissingWarning
ImportError: cannot import name SNIMissingWarning
-->End of Python script error report<--
01:40:42 T:18446744072283713896 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
01:40:42 T:18446744072283713896 DEBUG: Window DialogKaiToast.xml was already loaded
01:40:42 T:18446744072283713896 DEBUG: Alloc resources: 0.00ms
01:40:42 T:18446744072328978960 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: cannot import name SNIMissingWarning
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 22, in <module>
import entrypoint
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/entrypoint.py", line 19, in <module>
import artwork
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/artwork.py", line 17, in <module>
from database import DatabaseConn
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/database.py", line 15, in <module>
from views import Playlist, VideoNodes
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/views.py", line 15, in <module>
import read_embyserver as embyserver
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/read_embyserver.py", line 12, in <module>
import downloadutils
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/downloadutils.py", line 12, in <module>
import connect.connectionmanager as connectionmanager
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/connect/connectionmanager.py", line 18, in <module>
from requests.packages.urllib3.exceptions import InsecureRequestWarning, InsecurePlatformWarning, SNIMissingWarning
ImportError: cannot import name SNIMissingWarning
-->End of Python script error report<--

I know that there are still some unregistered apps which I have been working to remove, but this problem started before I removed anything.  I have been banging my head on the wall as to what might be the problem.  I can not see a way to add the urllib3 into the python path.

I hope I just have some setting wrong here.

Thanks for any assistance.

Angelblue05

Something last year doesn't apply anymore.

Do you have the dependencies installed, specifically, the one named requests?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

BenEmb

Ah, that was it!  For some reason, either I missed it or my system did not pick up the dependency.  I had the tv, movie and music video dependencies installed, but was missing the requests and video.  I uninstalled all, then started off installing the requests and video first, followed by the tv, movie and music video dependencies, finishing up with the Emby for Kodi.  It worked right off the bat.  I, of course, restarted.  The video sync for my downloaded tv shows is not right yet, but I will try to figure this out.  

Thanks so much for your quick assistance on this.  I really was banging my head on this.  Appreciate it so much AngelBlue05.

• Like 1

BenEmb

Hi Angelblue05,

I have been looking at my log and notice an error mentioning SNIMissingWarning message.  After installing the requests package, my system wanted to update the requests package to a higher version number.  Because of the naming of requests, I was wondering if there might be multiple packages with this name.  The new one has the urllib3 package, but some program is updating a database when I see the following error message as seen in this excerpt:

13:25:40 T:18446744072303797448   DEBUG: int CVideoDatabase::RunQuery(const string&) took 3 ms for 0 items query: select * from episode_view  WHERE episode_view.idShow = 167
13:25:40 T:18446744072303797448   DEBUG: int CVideoDatabase::RunQuery(const string&) took 2 ms for 0 items query: select * from episode_view  WHERE episode_view.idShow = 168
13:25:40 T:18446744072303797448   ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:334: SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can cause validation failures. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
                                              SNIMissingWarning
13:25:40 T:18446744072303797448   ERROR: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:132: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings
                                              InsecurePlatformWarning
13:26:01 T:18446744072303797448   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnUpdate from xbmc
13:26:01 T:18446744072303797448   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnUpdate

I was wondering if I should not have updated the requests package.  Or if you know what might be causing this?  I appreciate your input.

Thanks!!

Angelblue05

Does it prevent you from connecting to your server? If not, I would not worry about it, because it's not something I think you can fix since Python is built into Kodi.

BenEmb

I can connect to the server so I will leave it as is.  I am not sure where or why the requests had a big difference in version numbers.  First number was same, but second number seemed like it jumped a lot.  It was like 2.9.1 to 2.22.7 so I was not sure of where the version number came from or how the requests was compiled.  From the Kodi menu, it was not clear if the software was coming from the same source as your version of requests.  I will not worry about the slight error that is showing up.  It does not seem to be consistent and may be due to a timing delay on the server end.  Thanks for your input.  I think I will want to upgrade my device in the long run anyway.  Just looking for a $2-300 for a NVidia.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
julmit1

I am having similar issue " Error Contents: cannot import name SNIMissingWarning"

This is the first time I haven't been able to troubleshoot an add-on in Kodi 17.1

I immediately receive Emby error message when add-on opens nor can I resel Local Kodi database

It works on Windows 10 and had initially worked on Kodi 17.1

Kodi log and Kodi stacktrace files are attached.

spmc.log

kodi_stacktrace-16.5-4 Git_20161222-ca693de-20170512-111827.txt

kodi_stacktrace-16.5-4 Git_20161222-ca693de-20170512-111830.txt

kodi_stacktrace-16.5-4 Git_20161222-ca693de-20170512-111838.txt

julmit1

Yes, that worked!!

Unrelated question, is there a way to stop Emby from resyncing movies, tv shows, etc. everytime Kodi is restarted?

Also, what happens when you enable database locked fix other than it will slow syncing process.

THANKS!!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Glad it worked. It should only sync the differences. You could install the fast sync server plugin which is faster, but understand that upon your kodi profile being loaded, the add-on will sync your library (the differences) to ensure it is up to date.

While Kodi is running, it will receive live updates from your server.

Database lock is only for when the sync crashes. In your Kodi ogs it will tell you why the synced failed. You do not need to enable this setting unless you experience the database locked issue constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05