Beta Navigation - continuous carousel

gte709p

gte709p

Beta app has been running well for me, but I find I'm missing the old "lazy susan" scroll, for example, when I'm browsing through TV shows or music videos.  Used to be I would get to the end of my video list, and then the carousel would just start over again at the beginning, kind of like spinning round a wheel, it was continuous, you know?  Now when I get to the end of the list, I have to thumb all the way back to the beginning.  This is also a problem when searching for a movie by letter for example.  I may have 50 movies that start with "R", but I know the one I'm looking for is near the end of my list, so with the current app, I just select "R", then hit the "Back/Left" button on the remote to scroll backward through the end of my list, but now I have to scroll forward all the way through my catalog to reach it.  I'm hoping you guys could put this feature back, if not for the main screen at least for the media folders themselves.  Happened to me just tonight.  It was a real "pain" having to scroll past all those Rambos, Rocky's etc just to reach Rogue One :)

Hi.  This is a design decision we made with this new interface as there are some trade-offs to the wrapping mode (it limits how we can handle the focus as it cannot float along the screen - must be fixed).

You are the first one to mention it so we will monitor for other feedback.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...
gte709p

Thanks. Happened again for me tonight. We have a large list of kids music videos for our two girls. They usually can't decide what they want to listen to so they would keep scrolling through until they decided. Now I reach the bottom of the list and we have to work our way back up. I hope you get some more feedback like this and look into some way to replace this feature. Other than that, really happy so far with the new interface.