No Photos - Synololgy Part 2

bikermiker

bikermiker

So I'm running into problems again with photos and home videos.

I can't see photos in the photo library in the webinterface anymore.  Just home videos.

In the Roku interface there is photos and videos mixed in both libraries with no way to tell whether it is a video or photo unless you select it.  

Log

bikermiker

The photo library is set to photos.  The home video library is set to home videos and photos with photos unchecked.

• 2 weeks later...
bikermiker

Yes.  Still see both formats in both libraries. 

I don't know if this makes a difference but does Emby create any hidden files in the library to manage what is seen and what is not?  If it does and those files are required, I will need to whitelist them. 

bikermiker

I can see photos in the home videos library.   Photos are not checked.

post-173599-0-61347200-1493306992_thumb.jpg

I can see videos in the photos library.  Not sure why.

post-173599-0-59433300-1493306985_thumb.jpg

I'm not quite sure about the first one yet, but the second one is a home videos library, so that is why you get videos. there is no option to exclude the videos at this point.

Additionally, you're adding the same folder twice with two different content types and that might be the root of your problem. I would suggest just doing them as a single library.

bikermiker

This is a folder where all my photos and videos get dumped automatically.  They sync directly to dropbox. 

I'm trying to make one library, that points to a folder, that is only going to scan and pick out videos and another library, that points to the same folder, that only scans for and displays photos.  I had done something similar before with a different service and assumed it would work that way here too.  I thought that the library settings would sort between video and photo formats (thus the check mark to include photos).

Does each library need its own folder if they are different file formats?

Currently that's not supported. You can add the same folder in two different libraries, but those libraries need to have the same settings. I would suggest doing one home video library that supports both photos and videos.

bikermiker

I would suggest doing one home video library that supports both photos and videos.

I thought about it but doing that creates a lot of files to skip through AND I'm using a Roku to access the files.  There is no way to tell what is a photo and what is a video, when using the Roku interface, until you select the file, which takes too long when searching.

Thanks for the help.