W10 Creator: Black screen

nodiaque

nodiaque

Hello,

Sine the w10 creator updater, emby theater always start on a black screen. The UI does work (if I move with arrow and press enter it does browser and start a video with external player). To fix the issue, I ust double click on title bar to resize from maxiize to normal or opposite. I also have the problem when returning fro external player. I can fix doing the samething.

I tried uninstalling everything from emby, clearing cache and install again, not working.

I'm on a i3 core 1st gen using internal IG.

thank you

ttgapers

Phew,

Thought this was only affecting me. Looking forward to the update, both of this, and ability to force the Windows Store app to fullscreen.

Keep up the great work!

jscoys

I don't know if it helps or not but when i use MPC-HC as an external player 1 time on 2, when I close MPC-HC (because the movie is finished), I have a black screen. The only way to get it back is to toggle Emby with alt-tab twice and it reappears! @@Luke : we're dealing with the UI there, change of internal player, in my opinion, won't resolve this issue, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jscoys

ttgapers

I'm using Emby on my Fire Stick TV until ET is fixed up for this. I tested with the MPV demo above and same behaviour. Black screen unless i double-click to either maximize/minimize, then all is fine. Seems like something in the Creators update broke something in ET, as it appears we have been on version 40 for some time now.

Cheers.

tomasstendahl

I am also having this problem. Just to point out that the blank screen affects the whole GUI, not just media playback. I have rolled back to 1607 version until new ET version is released.

Thanks for the continued good work!

Happy2Play

I just launched version 1.1.106.0 and initially got black screen that basically timed out after awhile then relaunched the app without issue.

5900e8afe9c5c_creator.jpg

The first time you run the app it is downloading resources so you may see a black screen for a few seconds, but that's it.

Happy2Play

The first time you run the app it is downloading resources so you may see a black screen for a few seconds, but that's it.

The desktop version seem to be okay but the Windows 10 version timed out with a black screen for about 2-3 minutes (app closed on its own) and worked after re-launch.  App store shows updated yesterday.

Edited by Happy2Play

denz

I get a blank screen as well double clicking to full screen makes it work and then you can window it and see the contents. 

jordy

Running Creators update and black screen on startup for me too. Strangely though it's only on one laptop. My surface pro 3 works flawlessly every time, both ET desktop and the new MPV version. On the Laptop both ET desktop and MPV version start with black screen and I have to double click title bar (or where it would be if I could see it) and then its all good until the next time I start the program/app. Also, whilst the screen is black, I can see the taskbar on both versions.

Other than this MPV is very good.

ttgapers

Latest ET on MPV is working for the most part OK. No more black screen, and at least usable now. Just to update...

nodiaque

I still have the blackscreen issue on startup or when getting back from external player, requiring to resize the app (maximize/restore) to see what's going on. I've found out though that the app isn't bugged, if I moved the mouse cursor or press arrow, I hear the sound of selection and I can start something, although I don't see what I'm doing.

Emby Theater on W10 Creator Update, desktop (native), not Windows Store app

• Like 1

jordy

I still have the blackscreen issue on startup or when getting back from external player, requiring to resize the app (maximize/restore) to see what's going on. I've found out though that the app isn't bugged, if I moved the mouse cursor or press arrow, I hear the sound of selection and I can start something, although I don't see what I'm doing.

Emby Theater on W10 Creator Update, desktop (native), not Windows Store app

Me too!

denz

Me too on 32bit doesnt work at all on 64bit i have to maximise to get the display. Unfortunately my 32bit there isnt a new video driver to try.

denz

I downloaded the new driver for my amd radeon video adapter and it is still the same blank screen on my work pc which is w10 x64 pc. The other mpv version works no blank screen. So something is wrong with the current version. 

• 5 weeks later...
dredd1963

Any new on the black screen issue yet? I updated from the website yesterday and the issue is there.

If you double click to maximize that shows the window contents, correct?

Damob9k

Not sure if it helps, but I had the exact same issue ...

The fix for me was changing the Display Settings\Display Mode from TV to Auto

Black screen gone !

HTH