App stuck on "Starting Up", with constant spinning wheel.

LandMineHare

LandMineHare

As the title says, the app itself won't even launch. I've downloaded it, ran it, and it just goes to a white screen that says "Starting Up" and has the wheel underneath it running constantly. No other apps have this problem.

I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it and retried launching... Same issue.

Also tried deleting the app, rebooting the AppleTV, then redownloading and relaunching the app. Still stuck "Starting Up" and the spinning wheel. There are no options for Emby in the system settings of the AppleTV.

Any ideas?

corey

I know it may sound like a silly question but can you confirm your AppleTV has internet access when trying to start up?

Also which version of tvOS are you using?

Edited by corey

LandMineHare

I know it may sound like a silly question but can you confirm your AppleTV has internet access when trying to start up?

Also which version of tvOS are you using?

Yes, it does have access. Netflix and YouTube connect and stream just fine. The Emby app downloaded just fine.

I'm using, 10.2, or whatever software update downloaded.

corey

I can't repeat this and it's a tricky thing to troubleshoot. Do you happen to have access to a Mac and a USB-C cable?

LandMineHare

I do, yes. I've tried factory resetting it to, gave it a shot with the base OS and factory reset. Still wouldn't work.

corey

Nothing immediately comes to mind and it's hard to diagnose without more data like console or crash logs.

Can you comment on what your setup is like? What country/language do you speak? What's your Emby server name? I have a feeling it's environmental which is why we can't repeat it and it has never been reported outside the two of you here.

DruTheFu

So after having a little bit of time to look into my issue, I decided to delete the Emby app from my ATV4, restarted the device, then reinstalled Emby.  This seemed to have fixed my issue, and life is good again.

• 5 months later...

Same issue here. Running latest version of tvOS. It's not all the time but I often have to restart my apple TV to get the Emby app to start. I never have this issue with the Plex apple TV app.

• 4 months later...

I installed Emby today. It worked excellent, streamed from a windows pc and my girlfriends mac no problem.

A couple of hours later when starting the app on apple tv its stuck in "starting up" mode

Cant start it any more.

Apple tv 4k is my box. New.

I installed Emby today. It worked excellent, streamed from a windows pc and my girlfriends mac no problem.

A couple of hours later when starting the app on apple tv its stuck in "starting up" mode

Cant start it any more.

Hi.  If you force-close the app, does it still do this?

andyblac644

Cant start it any more.

or reboot the AppleTV 4K