CarlosLima

CarlosLima
Hello, maybe (not sure) a problem exists in Cinema Mode.

I added a single video in the folder, to serve as an intro and set the Cinema Mode area. Everything worked fine.

When adding in the same folder, the second video for the second intro, before the movie or episode starts, the intros are played three times in the sequence; 1, 2, 1.

My intro files are ac3.mp4 and h264.mp4 but I would like to use generic names like intro1.mp4 and intro2.mp4, is this possible and so will the intro be played before all the movies and episodes?

I would like the intro1 and intro2 to alternate with each play in the collections.

Edited by CarlosLima

CarlosLima
Hello, I even discovered the solution, incidentally, in the initial post I mentioned that there was sure to be a problem. And it's not.

I changed the filenames for intro1.mp4 and intro2.mp4 and now, before starting a movie or episode, Emby plays only one of the two files, or toggle between how many intro files exist in the folder. Am I right?

I made a mess in the interpretation of the text and now I understand that if I have an intro named h265.mp4, this will only come in when the movie or episode has this video codec, as well as if I have an intro named dts-hd ma.mp4, this intro will only come in when the movie or episode has this audio codec.

I hope you understand this topic and that it is correct in my analysis.

Edited by CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Yes that sounds correct.

Very cool, slowly I am deciphering the Emby Server. Thank you very much.

ShoutingMan

There are two options:

1) Set up a "codec" folder. Emby will play every file with a matching-name to the file's codec or tag. Tag: "Atmos" isn't a format recognized for an mkv. You can manually assign a custom tag of "Atmos" in metadata manager and create an "Atmos.mkv" and it will get played too.

2) Set up an "Intros" folder. Emby will play one file randomly from that folder after (any) trailers play. Make this something fun like a personalized pre-roll logo from Ballyweg.

I just set up this for myself. :)

• Like 1