Emby Theater - Method of Configuring only X-number of Video Backrops to Randomly Play (instead of all play)

funwithmedia

funwithmedia

The video backdrops feature is pretty nifty. :) Sometimes I have multiple video backdrops, and it has occurred to me that it could be nice (on a per-backdrops-folder basis) if there were a way (perhaps through special filenaming?) to designate:

1. that only a configured number of backdrop videos should play;
  2. and that whatever that number is, the videos should be randomly selected from the total amount from within the backdrops folder.

For example, perhaps with one item (movie, tv season, etc.) I have 3 video backdrops and I only want 1 to be randomly selected and played. But for another item maybe I have 5 video backdrops and so I decide I want 2 to be randomly selected and played.

:)

PS - If this is something you might like to see implemented, be sure to "Like" this top/first post (as well as any subsequent posts in this thread that highlight particular aspects of what you are interested in) -- "Liking" the top/first post helps the Devs to know how much interest there is in a given Feature Request.

• Like 3

• 6 years later...
9 hours ago, Flest said:

7 years later

any news? 😆

Hi, not yet, but more options are possible for future updates. Thanks.