Media ordering

CarlosLima

CarlosLima
I realized these problems only in my Concerts collection.

For some reason, Emby does not obey the alphabetical ordering of all Concerts. He orders a particular group and then, orders the other group in the sequence.

Any tips, so that everyone is in alphabetical order?

Thank you from now on.

58efb19735c33_Capturar.png

CarlosLima

I have been able to find out why Emby Server is separating my Concerts into two groups, but I still do not understand the reason for this and how to correct it.

I hope community help. Thank you.

58efbe2190633_Capturar.png

moviemadnessman

What info shows in the metadata manager for the U2 concert, as opposed to the Adel concert?  Might be missing some key info.

• Like 1

The ones with no metadata are probably just plain folders to Emby - which would sort at the top.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

This should be no different then this topic.  What is the exact folder structure of U2 vs Adele in post 1.

• Like 1

CarlosLima

58efe8674a51d_Capturar.png  58efe87717a64_Capturar1.png

I could not decipher what is happening here, because all Concerts follow the same pattern, all in the same directory and with identical folder structure:
E: / Concerts / Adele - name (with no subfolder inside)

Image # 1 shows that Emby created subfolder and for others, not.
Image # 2 shows that you are missing the data highlighted in some Concerts.

I re-did the full scan and nothing was changed.

I keep all the Concerts locked to prevent Emby from replacing the synopses and images, which I collect manually, because the Concert scraper is very bad and can not collect anything on the web.

Happy2Play

So it looks like you have a mixed sub-folder environment, some in sub-folders and some not, correct?

• Like 1

CarlosLima

This should be no different then this topic.  What is the exact folder structure of U2 vs Adele in post 1.

E:\Concerts\U2 - 360 Degrees At the Rose Bowl

E:\Concerts\Adele - Live at The Royal Albert Hall

58efed364dcbf_2.png  

58efed563b76d_a.png

Edited by CarlosLima

CarlosLima

So it looks like you have a mixed sub-folder environment, some in sub-folders and some not, correct?

No, I do not have subfolders, all Concerts follow the same structure as the images above.

CarlosLima

Oops, I understood that this was the villain and deleted it from all the folders that had it, but Emby remade it (only in some Concerts). Is that the problem?

58efef21b86db_2.png

moviemadnessman

Where exactly is the Adele video file?  In your screenshots, it is showing the U2 video as an mkv file in the folder, but for Adele, I can only see an info file ... is it located in the ANY! folder, or maybe the BDVM folder?

If that is the case, that would be the issue.

moviemadnessman

E:\Concerts\U2 - 360 Degrees At the Rose Bowl

E:\Concerts\Adele - Live at The Royal Albert Hall

Actually, if I read everything correctly, I see this as the file info:

E:\Concerts\U2 - 360 Degrees At the Rose Bowl\U2 - 360 Degrees At the Rose Bowl.mkv

E:\Concerts\Adele - Live at The Royal Albert Hall\BVDM\Adele - Live at The Royal Albert Hall.mkv (or whatever the file is)

In that case, Emby is working correctly.  All the concerts where the video is in the root folder, as exampled by U2, would be displayed first.  Then, all the concerts in a subfolder, as is shown by Adel not being in the root but in Adele\BVDM would be listed second, almost like a new grouping.

My guess is that if you check the concerts for all the ones from Adele onways in the first post, you would find them in some kind of subfolder in relation to the main folders.  Does this make sense?

This would be what adele would need to look like to get it sorted as you are expecting it to sort: (forgive the crude nature)

post-12187-0-94170300-1492131531_thumb.png

Notice how the video file would then be in the root folder as opposed to a subfolder.

Edited by moviemadnessman

CarlosLima
Hello, you are correct and I had the knowledge that a large part of my Concerts is composed of bluray full and therefore, the video files will always be in subfolders.
In fact, I have the same folder structure for all my collections, all very organized and personalized, I am quite opinionated in this regard.
My collection of Concerts, like that of all the users, is composed of several formats of videos; Mkv, avi, dvd, bluray etc and in this sense, Concerts that have the format DVD and BLURAY, will always have subfolders that store the video files, can not be different.

What I could do to make a thing unique as Emby needs, would be to create subfolders in cases where they do not exist, as in the case of U2 and move to these subfolders, all files, thus:

E:\Concerts\U2 - 360 Degrees At the Rose Bowl\U2 - 360 Degrees At the Rose Bowl

If that's the way Emby will understand and order all the Concerts, then I can.

In time:
Using Kodi, all Concerts are ordered using the same directory.
The funny thing is that I also have bluray / dvd movies and the files are also in subfolders and I'm not sure they are cluttered in Emby Server.

-----

The creation of the subfolder did not solve either, that is, Emby did not change the position of the Concert after the new scan.
What I noticed is that in some concerts Emby creates the file folder.xml and in another, it does not create.
Edited by CarlosLima

What is the type of the library that contains these?

It is obviously being confused by the folder rips.

• Like 1

CarlosLima

What is the type of the library that contains these?

It is obviously being confused by the folder rips.

Music Videos

58f0edbd9496f_Capturar.png