Windows Store mpeg2 extension

Luke

For those using the Windows Store app, I would recommend installing the Microsoft mpeg2 extension:

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9n95q1zzpmh4

This will allow the app to decode mpeg2 in-app without having to rely on server transcoding. Once this is installed, the Emby Windows Store app will automatically take advantage of it. 

Enjoy !

• Like 1

Nikolaech

I have the message "you do not have such a device"    Win 10 pro x 64. What is the reason?

ET direct play OK. Ember some video files will server transcoding

Edited by Nikolaech

puithove

It looks like it might be for "Insiders" only currently.  I'm not interested in putting an insider build back on.  Last time left a bad taste in my mouth when MS screwed up the updating and I had to rebuild.

Ceten

In the store app it says you need to be in the Windows Insider program and the system requirements state Windows 10 14946.0 or higher required.

FrostByte

I'm on the Insider program, though I don't have an Insider build installed at this time.  I'm running the most current build released which is 15063.  So you may need to be an Insider, but you shouldn't have to install an actual "insider" build if you don't want to.

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Actually, my wife just installed this on her SP4 and she isn't an insider.   She does have the latest released version of Windows that went public this week 15063

Also, it looks like that link redirects you to another (if on 15063 at least it does), so it may not be the correct one

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

Nikolaech

Updated Win 10 (1607) to version 1703 (15063.138). Installed Mpeg 2. In Ember, the video seems to have stopped stuttering. Changes in direct stream is not noticed. In general, began to work a little better

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
SikSlayer

that's excellent, thanks for the info !

Indeed. I don't have a Kaby Lake CPU, but I do have an Nvidia GTX 1060, and that should be enough.

Guest asrequested

Looks like the HEVC one is available now, I was just able to download it.

For insider, only

595475ccd754b_Snapshot_32.jpg