Raspberry Pi 3 emby-server stops every night

Strudo76

Strudo76

Hi there

Every night my emby-server service on my Pi 3 stops running and needs to be restarted. It seems to be during the library scan. Can anyone provide some insight as to what's happening here. I haven't enabled the debug logging option. I have also disabled real time monitoring, as I saw that mentioned in a similar older thread.

I am also running openvpn on the device. Could that be causing some form of conflict, or maybe overloading the capabilities of the Pi 3?

When it's running, it has no issues at all. Only that I need to restart it ever day as at some point it just disappears.

These are all the logs I have since I started running the server on the Pi a few days ago. Happy to provide any other information, or do whatever troubleshooting to help.

server-63627284127.txt

server-63627292800.txt

server-63627360805.txt

server-63627379200.txt

server-63627443467.txt

server-63627465600.txt

server-63627497816.txt

server-63627546658.txt

server-63627552000.txt

server-63627592630.txt

Maybe it is getting overloaded, it is hard to say. As a test, to prove it may or may not be the library scan, try going into scheduled tasks and remove all of the triggers for the library scan. This means you'll need to manually run the scan for now when you want to run it. Give that a try for a few nights and see if there is a difference. thanks.

Strudo76

Maybe it is getting overloaded, it is hard to say. As a test, to prove it may or may not be the library scan, try going into scheduled tasks and remove all of the triggers for the library scan. This means you'll need to manually run the scan for now when you want to run it. Give that a try for a few nights and see if there is a difference. thanks.

Will do. There was only one trigger, every 12 hours, for the scan media library item, which I have deleted. I'll keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...
Strudo76

Hey there

After disabling the scheduled task to scan library, the server ran without issues. Once the schedule was put back on, it started crashing again.

As it turns out, I've re-evaluated my media setup, and decided to continue using the Windows server setup I already had, so this is now a non issue for me.

Thanks