Emby Theater (plus other apps) - Ability to Temporarily Enlarge Poster Image

funwithmedia

funwithmedia

Edit: This would only be for on the Detail screen of an item, as that is where I think it would make the most intuitive sense.

It would be nifty in Emby Theater to have some way to select the Poster and enlarge it for better viewing. Perhaps we could be able to select the Poster itself, and then press Enter to Enlarge? Personally, I'd be interested in a two-stage method: Activating Enlarging makes the Poster fill the screen; then pressing Enter a 2nd time (while Poster is filling the screen) Enlarges Poster to full size (if it is not already at full size); a 3rd Enter press then restores the Poster back to normal. In my old custom system I had this functionality (the two-stage method), and I appreciated it for certain really detailed posters. However, I realize other's may not care about that level of detail, and so I could be content with just having a method to Enlarge the Poster to fill the screen (or to go as big as it can in given the original file size, while staying within the bounds of the screen).

:)

PS-If this is something you might like to see implemented, be sure to "Like" this top/first post (as well as any subsequent posts in this thread that highlight particular aspects of what you are interested in) -- "Liking" the top/first post helps the Devs to know how much interest there is in a given Feature Request.

Edited by funwithmedia
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer

So, the problem i see with this is that you encorporate a severe amount of button pushes and then how would you actually select the poster to do its button function to take you to the details of that item.

arrbee99

Would also like bigger posters, whether selectable case by case, or in general. There was a CSS theme a while ago that did this but think it stopped being maintained, can't remember who by unfortunately.

arrbee99

So, the problem i see with this is that you encorporate a severe amount of button pushes and then how would you actually select the poster to do its button function to take you to the details of that item.

Maybe not enter but plus/minus keys which only apply to poster size (unless they're used for something else of course).

funwithmedia

I should have clarified that I mean for this functionality to only be for on the Detail screen, in part because of the very issue you are raising. So my thought would be that we would be able to "select" the Poster on the Detail screen, only in this case it would be so that we could enlarge it.

My whole multi-step enlarging idea is not a must-have, but it would be nice to have some sort of basic enlarging capability.

Maybe not enter but plus/minus keys which only apply to poster size (unless they're used for something else of course).

I really think sticking with the Enter key (or similar) would be better -- having it so that the user can select the poster and then enlarge it using the key(s) that they would normally use for activating other things is more straight forward in my opinion.

funwithmedia

In emby theater the detail screen poster is already huge isn't it?

It's definitely a good size already (ie, I wouldn't change anything with the default state) -- I just like being able to temporarily zoom/enlarge posters as some of them have cool details, flourishes, etc. that I enjoy taking in (which is where my multi-step enlarging is useful, for being able to temporarily get the image as big as it's native resolution will allow). :)

Edited by funwithmedia

• 3 years later...

I was going to suggest this exact thing for the AndroidTV app, but really all the apps should have this.

Many of us are fond of older movie posters with lots of detail. Temporarily going full screen with them would enrich the experience, imho.