DLNA folders on any device are empty

gravidi

gravidi

Hi all,

i use emby server 3.2.12.0 on Windows. I browse in diffrent Clients (Iphone 7, Mac OS etc) via DLNA client in the emby dlna database and i can not see any content. i can see the folders movies,music and so on but the folders are emty. The emby server webinterface and apps are working fine. the dlna play to feature over the webinterface is working fine, too. have you a tip for me?

EDIT: other DLNA server in my network working fine on the devices.

thanks all

gravidi

Edited by gravidi

Specifically what DLNA apps? We test with a pretty large number of dlna apps and are not seeing that particular problem. Thanks !

gravidi

Hi Luke,

thanks for your reply. I used the 8player app for iphone but my favorite device with dlna support is a frontier silicon wlan speaker. on the speaker i use the dlna server from logitech media server and fritzbox mediaserver for testing without any problem. but my favorite software for playing music is emby, of course :)

@@gravidi, I installed 8player for iOS and it seems to be working fine. No problems browsing or playing content. Do you have more than one user in your Emby Server? If so, then I would suggest going into Dlna settings and configuring the default Dlna user to make sure the right library is showing up. Thanks.

chattojimnow

Re DLNA if the files are showing up as 0bits does this mean the dlna isnt compatible or just need to look at configuration settings on my server?

No that's fine. If the file will need transcoding then we won't know the output size in advance.

chattojimnow

ok... so can you tell me what i need to do. Im staying at parents and there tv shows it as 0bits click it nothing happens... could it be simply its trying to trans-code it and im inpatient or im missing something?

Some pointers would be appreciated.

• 4 years later...