how to change name of title of bar navigation?

w.fonseca

w.fonseca

Could someone pass me the css code that changes the title in the browser bar? Because I was able to change the login page, but did not change the home page, as shown in the print.

Page Login

58ebebace8e34_pagelogin.png

After Login

58ebebcc8a8fb_afterlogin.png

Could someone pass me the css code that changes the title in the browser bar? Because I was able to change the login page, but did not change the home page, as shown in the print.

• Like 1

pir8radio

Page Login

After Login

its dynamically updated using javascript now-a-days i believe.  If you are using a reverse proxy you can rewrite it on the fly. 

• 3 months later...
momosalao

Edit the librarymenu.js file which is in the scripts folder.

Search document.title="Emby" then replace it 

Edited by momosalao
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
Che8o

Does someone know where this name comes from? Sadly changing document.title="Emby"  in librarymenu.js is not sufficient to change this. Similarly, the dashboard index.html file changes og:title etc, but still at runtime the page title gets set back to "Emby". Which code is doing that?

Che8o

We don't have any options for this, sorry

But where does it come from source wise? I'm also happy to patch this in the binary, but I'm not sure where.

Happy2Play

Have you looked at document.title="Emby" in the site.js?

Looks like this applies to 4.2+.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 3 weeks later...

thanks, will test that as soon as i upgrade. not sure if there are other factors at play since i've got no "Emby" anywhere in any js file left that influences the title, but maybe in 4.2 that is different. thanks!

• 1 month later...
davidrye

This (document.title="Emby") has been moved to the file "appheader.js" under \Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\bower_components\emby-webcomponents\appheader

it took me a while it find this myself but this seemed to work perfect for me.

Edited by davidrye
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...
Emerson Viana

Page Login

After Login

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Maxwellcrafter
On 7/12/2020 at 7:06 AM, kisswdev said:

FOR LINUX SERVER >> /opt/emby-server/system/dashboard-ui >> INDEX.HTML

I found a script that sets it in /opt/emby-server/system/dashboard-ui/modules/appheader/appheader.js, the location that you mentioned seems to only affect the loading screen

pir8radio

I still suggest just using NGINX ahead of emby...  You can rewrite anything on the fly with little to no impact, and you don't have to fix the .js files after every server update.

sub_filter_once off;
	    sub_filter_types application/javascript application/x-javascript text/html;
	    sub_filter_last_modified on;
	    sub_filter 'document.title="Emby"'  'document.title="nam"';

image.png.55b656390a80b439231c0cd89456c801.png

• 2 years later...
harrv
On 11/21/2020 at 9:15 AM, pir8radio said:

I still suggest just using NGINX ahead of emby...  You can rewrite anything on the fly with little to no impact, and you don't have to fix the .js files after every server update.

I agree with @pir8radio that rewriting on the fly in a reverse proxy configuration is much easier to maintain because you don't need to change .js files after every update.

I use traefik as my reverse proxy and I found the rewrite-body plugin. Follow that link for examples and how to do the static configuration. In my dynamic configuration I just have one additional middleware to use the plugin:

middlewares:
    emby-change-title:
      plugin:
        plugin-rewritebody:
          lastModified: "true"
          rewrites:
            - regex: "<title>Emby<\\/title>"
              replacement: "<title>Steve's Server</title>"
          monitoring:
            methods:
              - GET
            types:
              - text/html
          logLevel: 0 # (Trace: -2, Debug: -1, Info: 0, Warning: 1, Error: 2)

You can have as many rewrites as you need. The one in this example changes the title of the main web page.

I guess we all have our reasons for doing this, and I also understand why it might make some emby devs nervous. My reason for doing it was that Google marked my domain as malicious because they decided that my Emby server is probably trying to steal passwords from app.emby.media users (which of course gets a lot more hits than my little server) since the login page has the same title and image. Their bot isn't smart enough to realize that the reason my login page looks the same is that it's using the same software and branding and that Emby doesn't easily let us configure our own branding. So I had to resort to making some changes this way.

Just posting to add the traefik example to the above, really.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
Angel273
solo copia, cambia el titulo y pega en el apartado de configuración y en css personalizado:

window.document.title = 'Tu titulo';