Server - weird behaviour of TV genres

anderbytes

Happy2Play

Does manually adding a Genre to an item show additional genre after library scan or is that added genre removed?

anderbytes

Good question. Who knows... I'll give it a try tonight

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

anderbytes

@@Happy2Play and @@Luke,

Unfortunately... the problem was something about GenreCleaner, as Luke suggested, even if there were no parameters changing ANYTHING AT ALL to "Drama" at my setup, or erasing anything...

Well... after removing manually all the tvshow.nfo , uninstalling the plugin, and refreshing the TV folder in "Metadata Editor", all the genres were populated OK, be it from TheTVDB or TMDB.

I thought I could rely on GenreCleaner... but I can't. That's sad... but thank you for your time trying to help!

You can rely on GenreCleaner. I think you have just misconfigured it and you are now assuming that is a problem with the plugin.

anderbytes

It had almost no configuration at all! All default, only had 2 changes: renaming "action & adventure" to "action" and "SciFi & fantasy" to "sci-fi".

Just that. How could those 2 screw something up?

anderbytes

The only "abnormal" thing I can think of is that some weeks ago I restored emby from backup, including plugins and their config

I think additional investigation will show that more was changed and you are just not remembering that at the moment.

anderbytes

Now I know the source of the issue, you are right, I should reinstall it and test it out a lot