Server - weird behaviour of TV genres

anderbytes

anderbytes

I'd like to report something really weird that I noticed today.

I'm at latest release (don't know at which version it started, it may be a little old), and when I try to browser TV shows and then "Genres", it only shows me TV shows that have DRAMA tag, and hide everything else.

too weird.

Can you reproduce it?

ps: working OK for movies.

Edited by anderbytes

anderbytes

Another weird detail: for example one of the shows has 3 genres tags: "Drama", "Sci-Fi" and "Adventure"

As it has "Drama", it appears on the genres list, but when I click inside it, just below the "Play" and "Shuffle" buttons... it only appears "Drama" instead of all 3

anderbytes

"Last ran 32 minutes ago, taking 23 seconds", but what the hell, I'll do it anyway

UPDATE: no deal. Same stuff... I'll try manually removing one of the "series.xml" and re-do the scan

Edited by anderbytes

Happy2Play

Are there any parental controls/restrictions on the account you are using?

anderbytes

Are there any parental controls/restrictions on the account you are using?

Not at all. My user is alpha, beta and omega here  :-DDD

anderbytes

Removed the series.xml, tvshow.nfo , rescan the library, refresh the series item, and nothing worked.

Can you tell me if this doesn't happen to you?

anderbytes

Can you show screenshots to demonstrate the issue? thanks !

Surely. Here it goes.

As you can see... the only genre line that appears is "Drama". I have several other shows that don't appear here, and don't appear when I click "More"

UPDATE: Strange... the image hasn't appeared. I'll try attaching it.

Edited by anderbytes

anderbytes

A little update on the matter. Eventually my "tvshow.nfo" got remade again... and it only got genre "Drama" instead of all of them from TMDB or TVDB.

I have manually queried the TV show at TMDB and THETVDB, none of them have only "Drama" to be fetched.

Edited by anderbytes

A little update on the matter. Eventually my "tvshow.nfo" got remade again... and it only got genre "Drama" instead of all of them from TMDB or TVDB.

I have manually queried the TV show at TMDB and THETVDB, none of them have only "Drama" to be fetched.

What is the first priority tv series fetcher? did you check that?

anderbytes

What is the first priority tv series fetcher? did you check that?

Today I only have TheTVDB activated. Maybe I can test with TMDB, too.

Happy2Play

Do yo have the Genre Cleaner plugin installed?

anderbytes

@@Happy2Play, yes, I have this plugin. But I had it for a looong time and had no issues. And I revised it's config. nothing strange there.

@@Luke, changing from TheTVDB to TMDB seems to made it fetch more than just "Drama", and my TVSHOW.NFO has all 3 genres for that show.... and Emby shows 3 lines, but 2 of them, as expected, only shows THAT show...

I'll have now to remove all tvshow.nfo across folder and rescan everything.

Can it be related to THETVDB ??

anderbytes

Removing manually all the TVSHOW.NFO yesterday and they still haven't been remade. They only appear when I go into a show and click "Refresh" manually.

My genres are still wrong.

Can anybody answer me if you have tried reproducing the scenario? All your genres are OK? Nothing missing on the lists?

anderbytes

If I had to guess, this was caused by your genre cleaner setup

I'll soon post my genre cleaner setup, there's nothing unusual there.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

Happy2Play

Removing manually all the TVSHOW.NFO yesterday and they still haven't been remade. They only appear when I go into a show and click "Refresh" manually.

My genres are still wrong.

Can anybody answer me if you have tried reproducing the scenario? All your genres are OK? Nothing missing on the lists?

No I can't reproduce test servers, beta and stable all show all genres.  But what exact steps would I need to do to attempt to reproduce.

anderbytes

No I can't reproduce test servers, beta and stable all show all genres. But what exact steps would I need to do to attempt to reproduce.

If you are seeing them already, you really couldn't reproduce it.

Are your metadata for series being grabbed from thetvdb or tmdb? Because when I changed to tmdb, it seemed to started fetching Ok genres...

Happy2Play

So are you saying I should test a new TV Library and have Emby attempt to collect all the metadata from TVDB to attempt to reproduce your issue?

anderbytes

So are you saying I should test a new TV Library and have Emby attempt to collect all the metadata from TVDB to attempt to reproduce your issue?

Actually no, because I didn't have to create anything new so the issue appears.

To tell the truth, I've gave up.