Mixed content in a Library

One2Go

One2Go

When I initially created a library for documentaries since the majority are movies I selected movies. However since also TV Shows are within this library, how is it being dealt with? Some of the TV shows are not being displayed properly even though all the meta data from MB 2.6 is present and displays correctly in MB 2.6. Do I have to go through each of them in the Metadata manager and adjust info and images or can these shows individually be changed to content type TV. Finally if changing the library content to Home videos how will it treat the mix of movies and TV shows?

Thanks

O2G

Home videos are not designed for TV so that will not work. Your best bet is setting the library to unset content type (mixed).

One2Go

Luke, thanks for the tip and it did work to select UNSET as type. Learning now the difference between the way content is handled.

For example in this library I had one folder that had one episode of Soundstage in it and in the filename appeared "S04E01" even though there was no TV structure in this folder path, Emby decided this was a TV show. Not until I removed from the filename the "S04E01" part did it import the movie.xml meta data correctly.

Also I had a folder that had a 25 minute clip of highlights from American Idol Season 9. The folder and file Name was American Idol S09 and it decided that this was a TV show. Not until I changed the folder and file name to exclude the S09 did it import it correctly.

Making excellent progress and thanks for the help and that which still needs to corrected on my side.

O2G

Yes that is the challenge with mixed content. In your mind you think of those two examples as problems, but to others that is expected behavior.

One2Go

You are correct in that and as EMBY continues to evolve I get to know more of it's intecracies and can work with them. However since my background is German I often draw conclusions on preciseness. If the folder does not have another folder in it like specials or seasons, then theTVdb has problems parsing it so it can't be a TV show even if the name has S00E02 in it. Just my take on working with the different paradigms.