Episodes and Seasons not being recognized?

Dr. Doctor

Dr. Doctor

A lot of my TV shows weren't being recognized properly due to extra files or just plain incorrect metadata. After fixing a lot of it myself (missing IMDb IDs, etc.), I noticed that for one show, it wasn't showing seasons or episodes, but episodes were still visible through search.

The show page:

GkiX8tE.png

Searching for an episode name reveals it:

G0Kal.jpg

Clicking on an episode says it's "missing"...

9BjVciE.png

...but the files are there.

1phRl.jpg

Did I break MediaBrowser?

Notice how the search says they are videos not episodes.

You don't have them within season folders and there is a bug in the current release version of the server that will not see them if they aren't in season folders.

• Like 1

Luke - is there a stable version of the server after this fix was put in that we can upgrade to Beta so people can install it?

• Like 1

Dr. Doctor

Notice how the search says they are videos not episodes.

You don't have them within season folders and there is a bug in the current release version of the server that will not see them if they aren't in season folders.

That fixed it, thanks!

Luke - is there a stable version of the server after this fix was put in that we can upgrade to Beta so people can install it?

I had asked about this in another thread. Are there enrollable betas?

You don't need to enroll.  We just need to identify the best version and promote it to beta.  Then you can just set your update level to beta and you will get it.

Of course, doing that is going to unleash the hounds on our delivery system again.  I just release MBC yesterday and about 1/3 of the active users have gotten it already.  If we don't put anything else out in the next few days should be okay.

We're past the 50% point of getting to the next release so I personally would just wait it out. I have been working individually with those affected and can continue to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump on this, still have the same issue with the new server.

can you start over with a new topic providing the same kind of information as the poster of this topic? thanks.

wraslor

can you start over with a new topic providing the same kind of information as the poster of this topic? thanks.

I could but the issue is 100% identical to Dr. Doctor and I am curious if the new version fixed his end or what he did to fix it before I make another thread for the exact same issue..

I could but the issue is 100% identical to Dr. Doctor and I am curious if the new version fixed his end or what he did to fix it before I make another thread for the exact same issue..

He reported in post #4 that moving his episodes to season folders fixed his issue. 

wraslor

You are correct I didn't catch that my bad. I still need to figure out a way to fix it though since large series such as bleach has like 400 eps and not arranged by seasons. I'll play around with it and see what I can figure out. Thanks

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Okay, once you do that, please do as Luke asked and start a new topic.  This original issue was fixed in the new server but we may have another one or even created a new one.

wraslor

Ok just a quick update.  It seems to be a naming convention thing.  I changed the type to mixed and nothing changed.  I changed the type to home videos and everything shows up fine, both the series that did before and the ones that didn't show up.

elshagon

Uggh this will be a major chore if I have to go back and place every episode of my Looney Toons collection into season folders.  Before they were organized by name with year in parenthesis and played fine.  What's strange is many of the cartoons show up fine and others don't.  With more than 60 seasons and 100's of episodes it would take me forever to go back and rename them or place them in seasons folders, let alone I currently have them organized by how they are in the Golden Collection disc set.

530e354ba1ecc_Screenshot20140226104004.p

elshagon

I'm having many cartoons no longer show up same as what the OP posted.  I read earlier in this thread about needing season folders.  Here's an example of what I now see for the above cartoon which I posted the folder structure for above:  (no longer can play)  The episode still shows up here and in MBT just no ability to play it.

530e3b6444966_Screenshot20140226110056.p