When Live TV program changes, the information pulses instead of showing once

FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept

In short:

-start watching Live TV

-when the program changes, it usually pops up the thing on the bottom saying it changed

--when it errors, it keeps popping up and hiding over and over for 30-60 seconds until it stays up for a few seconds, then stops doing it until the next program comes on

It doesn't do it every time. I've not found a trend that definitely causes it to happen. The circumstances are always the same as lined out above.

It strikes me as a multithreading/timer issue.

Edited by FordGT90Concept

maegibbons

I have not seen this but i seem to remember something like this being reported before.

Krs

Mark

JeremyFr79

I get the same thing on my Nexus Player with Emby App, finally switched to Kodi as a client and haven't looked back.

FordGT90Concept

Noticed three behaviors with this:

1) It flickered for over two minutes.

2) It always does it when the program changes.

3) When it flashes, it is showing the previous program information. It stops flashing when it changes to the current program information.

Is there a way to disable the pop up on program change entirely? If not, there really should be. I'd probably just disable it because it's not very useful around here.

FordGT90Concept

Direct stream = not checked

Use VLC if available = checked

use external player = not checked

It may be trick playing when it does it, not sure. If you can't replicate it, then that's probably why. Makes sense if I were two minutes behind live, then it fixes itself when you're caught up.

Edit: I have confirmed the theory above is correct: if you're behind live, it flickers until it is caught up to the actual transition. In the example above, I was most likely two minutes behind live so it flickered for two minutes. If you are not behind at all, it doesn't flicker at all. The issue is definitely tied to trick playing.

Edit: I have confirmed the theory above is correct: if you're behind live, it flickers until it is caught up to the actual transition. In the example above, I was most likely two minutes behind live so it flickered for two minutes. If you are not behind at all, it doesn't flicker at all. The issue is definitely tied to trick playing.

Thanks!

JeremyFr79

Direct stream = not checked

Use VLC if available = checked

use external player = not checked

It may be trick playing when it does it, not sure. If you can't replicate it, then that's probably why. Makes sense if I were two minutes behind live, then it fixes itself when you're caught up.

I wouldn't be so sure on that, I've seen this same issue without trick play on my Nexus Player.

I wouldn't be so sure on that, I've seen this same issue without trick play on my Nexus Player.

If you turn off the option to use VLC for live TV does it stop?

JeremyFr79

If you turn off the option to use VLC for live TV does it stop?

I don't believe I even have it enabled, but I won't be able to verify until next weeked.  I'm about 1200 miles from home until then.