Cinema Mode Codecs - how to distinguish?

mastrmind11

mastrmind11

I love the codec cinema mode support, but I cannot figure out how to distinguish between different codecs.  The wiki states that it accounts for video, audio, profile, and tags... but what's the proper setup for the intros distinguishing between codec and profile?  Everything I have is either DD, DTS, or HD MA.  It seems the codec overrides the profile, since all of my HD MA stuff (which has a codec of DTS) play the DTS intro even though the profile is HD MA.  So, either I'm missing something, or there needs to be an option to set an order of evaluation where x overides y, eg, profile overrides codec.  I hope I'm being an idiot because this seems pretty suspect if I'm the first to discover it.  Appreciate the help.

edit:  after further testing, some of my media that is HD MA play the proper intro, while others don't.  The ones that play the correct intro have the same codec/profile as the ones that do not.  So I'm curious what the code is basing the intro on, since it's clearly not what's displayed in the media info in the browser (or in Kodi).  Thanks

Edited by mastrmind11

I think it is probably matching both, in which case one is randomly selected.

mastrmind11

I think it is probably matching both, in which case one is randomly selected.

So file a FR?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

schmitty

I would be guessing that it would be selecting the intro based on the default track in the file.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk