Australian EPG Data

ebr

PrincessClevage

No problems I just hope I can find the issue.

think I found something upon a very close look of the logs can you go to logs and click enable debug logging and go to refresh guide and pm the log. After that is done it will give us the reason why you are having issues.

Done and sent you the log Edited by PrincessClevage

denz

The xmltv works only if you use built in pvr to use built in pvr you have to have hdhomeruns. You are using serverwmc so those settings are ignored there is no point of tv guide if you cant watch or record.

PrincessClevage

The xmltv works only if you use built in pvr to use built in pvr you have to have hdhomeruns. You are using serverwmc so those settings are ignored there is no point of tv guide if you cant watch or record.

i have been using Serverwmc for many months recording shows etc and have guide information (from free to air data) only problem is no images for tv shows, hence trying icetv xml feed :-(

How do those using win7 and WMC/ServerWMC still make use of icetv xml?

Edited by PrincessClevage

denz

WMC uses different icetv xmltv file I am not sure why they did that maybe @@Daniel Hall will be able to answer why was that done. I am positive WMC can take advantage of those thumbnails I would like that as well as all of my tv watching is still done through WMC and it runs 24/7 but for everything else I use emby. 

Daniel Hall

WMC uses different icetv xmltv file I am not sure why they did that maybe @@Daniel Hall will be able to answer why was that done. I am positive WMC can take advantage of those thumbnails I would like that as well as all of my tv watching is still done through WMC and it runs 24/7 but for everything else I use emby. 

WMC uses an MXF file, and we do have a solution for loading the IceTV guide data into it, and even for the full IceTV Smart Recording service with mobile apps and our website for remote scheduling. Our MXF feed currently doesn't include images as the ones in use in our XMLTV feed are a recent addition, having said that I will have a look and see if we can add these images into our MXF feed to get that metadata available in Media Center as well.

• Like 1

PrincessClevage

WMC uses an MXF file, and we do have a solution for loading the IceTV guide data into it, and even for the full IceTV Smart Recording service with mobile apps and our website for remote scheduling. Our MXF feed currently doesn't include images as the ones in use in our XMLTV feed are a recent addition, having said that I will have a look and see if we can add these images into our MXF feed to get that metadata available in Media Center as well.

Once the tv images are in WMC will serverWMC be able to pass them to emby and will emby use them? Try and see I guess?Denz is it possible to add one image to a single tv show in WMC and see if it shows up I'm emby through Server WMC? Edited by PrincessClevage

denz

You need this software to convert xmltv to mxf and then you import it in wmc.

https://github.com/scinext/xmltv2mxf/tree/master/XMLTV2MXF/XMLTV2MXF_WPF/bin/Release

a bit of searching on the internet I found 

http://mcefun.nrossen.dk/page/Downloads.aspx

To import the file in wmc you run. C:\windows\ehome\ loadmxf -i mxf.xml

Edited by denz

Daniel Hall

Once the tv images are in WMC will serverWMC be able to pass them to emby and will emby use them? Try and see I guess?Denz is it possible to add one image to a single tv show in WMC and see if it shows up I'm emby through Server WMC?

I am unsure on that one, from a look at their WIKI it looks like images going out to clients may just be for KODI/XBMC:

Ignore Epg images from wmc url - Prevents WMC from sending EPG thumbnail image url to XBMC (if found).

PrincessClevage

I am unsure on that one, from a look at their WIKI it looks like images going out to clients may just be for KODI/XBMC:

Ignore Epg images from wmc url - Prevents WMC from sending EPG thumbnail image url to XBMC (if found).
The above is an optional tick box in ServerWMC (and I do not have it selected)

PrincessClevage

Ignore Epg images from wmc url - Prevents WMC from sending EPG thumbnail image url to XBMC (if found).
Any update if it will be possible to expose the tv images to WMC ice client Daniel?

Daniel Hall

Any update if it will be possible to expose the tv images to WMC ice client Daniel?

It looks to be possible and we are working on it now. Will post back once it has been implemented.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
denz

Not sure is this correct icetv is using poster for their images can emby theater cards be changed to portrait like movies.

• 2 weeks later...
PrincessClevage

It looks to be possible and we are working on it now. Will post back once it has been implemented.

hi Daniel,

Has this made any progress? My trial account has now expired and I was hoping this function would be available for testing during trial period.

pünktchen

Does anyone know if the images will work with mediaportal tv server?

MediaPortal's TVServer doesn't support program images.

MadibaJ

MediaPortal's TVServer doesn't support program images.

I see you also wrote the DVD viewer add in. For any of us with pcie cards not hd homerun are there any backends that work with the icetv images. If I can find one I'll give icetv's xmltv a shot.

pünktchen

I see you also wrote the DVD viewer add in. For any of us with pcie cards not hd homerun are there any backends that work with the icetv images. If I can find one I'll give icetv's xmltv a shot.

DVBLink or Tvheadend

PrincessClevage

Me too. Daniel stated that the icetv team were looking into options to get this functioning with WMC and ServerWMC (this is what I currently use with PCI Hauppauge dual digital TV tuner card with windows 10 and Emby Theater) Edited by PrincessClevage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Howdy - I'm new to Emby and IceTV. I've signed up for one month of each. Gone through all the settings on the Emby server and have attempted to view Live TV on the Emby client (Android TV). It's not showing anything... at all.

I've added the url from https://www.icetv.com.au/xmltv in to the Xml TV url settings. Map channels is also showing absolutely nothing. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

colinoice

Hi Nodi, I’ve fowared this to our CTO but we may not get back to you until tomorrow. Everything works so I’m unsure what’s causing the problem. Maybe someone else out there can offer a suggestion too...

Edited by colinoice

Howdy - I'm new to Emby and IceTV. I've signed up for one month of each. Gone through all the settings on the Emby server and have attempted to view Live TV on the Emby client (Android TV). It's not showing anything... at all.

I've added the url from https://www.icetv.com.au/xmltv in to the Xml TV url settings. Map channels is also showing absolutely nothing. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

hi @@nodii, can you please refresh the guide in emby server, and then attach the server log? you can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

I have an update - at first when I tried to refresh guide data it appeared to get to approximately 10% and then it would stop. Now it's getting further and channels are showing in the guide and I can see entries in "Map channels". However, it's still not completing 100% and additionally the guide is missing channels. If I attempt to watch the channels - it comes up with an error and then if I go back the channel will load but the EPG data is empty.

Edited by nodii