Australian EPG Data

ebr

colinoice

I think Daniel, our CTO, replied yesterday:

""It is actually up to Emby, but I believe when you setup an XMLTV source within Emby that is what is used (so they would be coming from IceTV).""

To clarify, when using our XMLTV, yes we do.

I think Daniel, our CTO, replied yesterday:

""It is actually up to Emby, but I believe when you setup an XMLTV source within Emby that is what is used (so they would be coming from IceTV).""

To clarify, when using our XMLTV, yes we do.

Yes that is correct, although we plan to add configuration so that users can prioritize where to obtain the logo from.

lebowski

Thanks all,

Sorry I missed that it was Daniel from ICE TV.

Currently I have the wrong logo for channel 10, it's showing boss instead of bold. (Brisbane) I have removed the image and its re-added. I was not sure the source of the issue. 

The combination with HDHR, IceTV and Emby is brilliant!

5c43da30cfe7e_26B756D5BC8B49A9ABEA43E0C6

Edited by lebowski

colinoice

Hi "lebowski",

I'll report the Boss - Bold error to Daniel.  As you probably know they had to change the name due to a copyright argument with Fairfax (which is ongoing!) and we may have accidentally missed updating it and no one else has spotted it.

Daniel Hall

Hi lebowski,

We have fixed up the channel logo for 10 Bold (and WIN Bold) where affected. Thanks for the heads up.

• 3 weeks later...

I undrstand from reading these posts that ICETV are providing the posters for the recorded TV shows in emby.

I am using the iceTV xmltv, with Emby doing the recording from the tv headend stream.

I am using the api xmltv - exactly as per instructions.

Refresh guide and emby stop/start have been done.

I am not getting all the posters for all the shows.

The Project for example.

I believe GoggleBox was another.

I think 60 minutes was getting the USA one, not the Aus one ?

There were others also - I fixed them up with the emby metadata 'identify' process.

I expect some of the obscure documentaries etc to not have them, but mainline TV shows for the main channels in Australia - They should ? Is that correct ?

I am also very disappointed that so many shows don’t have posters. I also use time to time HDHomeRun dvr and they nearly have posters for every show. I was hoping that emby will use the same provider that HDHomeRun used for Australia but nothing. I want to support IceTV and will because I use wmc exclusively but they need to improve considerably.

colinoice

There are three issues here:

1) We have found a problem with the iceTV - XMLTV interface where the images were there but not downloading.  We are fixing this right now.

2) We will look to improve our methodologies for sourcing images but we are a small company with an important project underway so we just don't have the time right now, but we will get to it in the near future as a matter of urgency.

3) IceTV is a small company and doesn't have the ability to form relationships with the hundreds of production houses and studios, or the local broadcasters, from which the images emanate, and they generally don't want to work with us either as they don't like to support any P/DVR functionality which messes with prime time and viewing of adverts. What we do do is to strive to make our EPG as accurate as possible, especially with respect to late changes, so our guide team work until late afternoon chasing those changes to ensure the best P/DVR recording accuracy.  That accuracy is also thankfully supported by many of our users who pick up errors that inevitably occur across the many Australian regions and post them onto the EPG section of our forum, which our guide team monitor all the time. So we hope an accurate guide with reliable recordings makes up for some missing images.

I hope that helps explain where and why we are failing and how we are trying to either fix or improve the situation.

• 3 weeks later...
Azzablitz

Hi i was having some issues with my Emby server  install, so i decided to blow it away and restart. This has fixed my issues however i now have a non working guide.  I am using the Icetv XMLTV link with my account, i can see the guide data is landing into the folder (see screen shot) and i have checked there is guide data in the xml file. When i go to edit the channels there is nothing to edit. I also don't see anything in the guide on my emby theater pc or chrome web interface.

I have attached the server.txt file.

If anyone could provide some guidance on resolving this it would be great.

Thanks

embyserver.txt

post-76552-0-18075100-1551780557_thumb.png

post-76552-0-55437900-1551780565_thumb.png

denz

First did you click refresh data and then click on the three dots to map channels and last in my.hdhomerun.com did you scan for channels.

• Like 1

Azzablitz

Hi @@denz thank you for the reply, yes  that was all accounted for however you did jog my memory that i had ticked the box on the Restrict Channels marked as favorite. The HD homerun didn't have any channels set as favorite.

Thanks again

Edited by Azzablitz