Camera Upload: folder black/whitelist

Darael

Darael

As things stand, the Camera Upload feature seems to put every single image file anywhere in my phone's storage (except for the Android/ subtree?  Not sure) on the server.  Given I have music folders that may contain album-art, and an ebook reader that seems to extract covers from the books and store them as images, this is less than ideal.  Is there a way to make the app ignore certain folders?  Possibly better yet, could it stick to uploading from the DCIM/ tree?

If not, is this a planned feature?

(I'm assuming the selection of files to upload is handled client-side, and that this therefore belongs in the Android Mobile section.  If I'm wrong about that, I'll gladly go post in one of the server subfora)

Edited by Darael
  • Like 1

Hi, yes, more settings around this are something we plan for the future. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
FliegenderMaulwurf

Still no way to choose a the folder on the phone from which photos are uploaded? Is this still planned?

I just used this feature and it's uploading ~20.000 images from WhatsApp chats... That's not really useful.

• 2 weeks later...
darkassassin07
On 6/26/2020 at 2:25 PM, Luke said:

Hi, yes it is still planned for the future. Thanks for the feedback.

Any time soon? Like this century perhaps... This is incredibly annoying; three freaking years, and that's just this thread. 

Put in a generic folder selector for now and pretty it up/make it function exactly how you invision it later.

Just stop uploading every single image/video that shows up on my phone.

Just because my security camera app has updated its thumbnails doesn't mean I need 12 more copies of them on my server. 

-sigh- edited with a profanity filter after the antidepressants kicked in 😕

Edited by darkassassin07

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 6:14 PM, darkassassin07 said:

Any time soon? Like this century perhaps... This is incredibly annoying; three freaking years, and that's just this thread. 

Put in a generic folder selector for now and pretty it up/make it function exactly how you invision it later.

Just stop uploading every single image/video that shows up on my phone.

Just because my security camera app has updated its thumbnails doesn't mean I need 12 more copies of them on my server. 

-sigh- edited with a profanity filter after the antidepressants kicked in 😕

Just curious, but why don't you setup your security and camera storage to different locations?

darkassassin07

The app that lets me view my cams doesn't let me configure where it's thumbnail cache is. I'm not even capturing images/videos from it, just viewing live and closing the app. That's just that app.  (wth... Random text formatting I can't control on mobile) 

The other day I manually transferred a music artist folder or two to my phone via ftp and emby decided to re-upload all the images contained with them. Why would I want emby monitoring my music folder...

Edited by darkassassin07

• 2 weeks later...
CloudWing93

I agree this feature is pretty useless in it's current state. There needs to be some mechanism to allow us to skip non camera roll photos.

• 2 months later...

This will be in the next update to the android app, and two updates from now in the iOS app. You'll be able to select which folders you want to upload. Thanks.

• 1 month later...