IPTV Bouquet Order

FlawlessHosting

FlawlessHosting

Hi There,

Is there anyway to get the IPTV Plugin to use the bouquet order of the m3u?

I ask this because I have over 700 channels and right now and though it maps the guide and the channel correctly, it is pulling the channel number directly off xtream codes for how it stores them on server in its own table.

So something like BBC 1 HD which is the first channel in the bouquet is channel 308 on Emby and way down the list.

I have never had issue like this before using any other player as they always follow the bouquet order so any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

FlawlessHosting

Hi Luke,

Not exactly sure what your question is.

A lot of service providers use xtream codes as their CMS for IPTV. Packages are created using bouquets, basically you put the channels in the bouquet you want that package to have when assigned to someones account. The channels are then displayed in the order they are in the bouquet (attached a picture for you). If you then open this in VLC BBC 1 HD will be at the top of the list and so on. However, with Emby it doesn't do that and I can't see any way to override it as your plugin seems to pull the channel numbers directly from xtreams panel in terms of how they are stored in the MariaDB database.

58e5c29aee9ee_bouquet.jpg

maegibbons

Hi

You can use the channel-id tag in the M3U file to specify what channel you want emby to use internally.

I use ACE IPTV so i am familiar with Flawless.

I basically generate my own M3U file for the channel order I want.

Krs

Mark

FlawlessHosting

Hi

You can use the channel-id tag in the M3U file to specify what channel you want emby to use internally.

I use ACE IPTV so i am familiar with Flawless.

I basically generate my own M3U file for the channel order I want.

Krs

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Yeah was reading before I asked for help and though I appreciate that is one possible solution for a static list, it isn't so great when we update our list each day for Live events such as football so it pulling the order from Bouquet like other IPTV Plugins would be much easier.

Regards,

Mark

• Like 2

CBers

I appreciate that is one possible solution for a static list, it isn't so great when we update our list each day for Live events such as football so it pulling the order from Bouquet like other IPTV Plugins would be much easier.

I use @@maegibbons method of creating the M3U file in the desired order, but I agree that it would be nice for Emby to do it.

I think bouquet = collection.

What's the difference between a collection and a category?

CBers

A category could be sports or movies, whereas s collection could be a mix of multiple genres.

I'm just guessing :D

FlawlessHosting

The bouquet is a collection, at least that would be my understanding of it.

You assign a category directly when making the stream on xtream panel so usually you would give a live link to the m3u/8

So for instance the bouquet would tell it that BBC1 is at the top of the collection, the server would tell it that it comes under the category of UK Entertainment.

Can give a picture if you want to see what I mean as it all displays properly using the Plex IPTV Plugin.

Regards,

Mark

Spaceboy

Where are you managing your bouquets? I was hoping for a similar end product but by having better channel admin within Emby. I can't see a way to manage bouquets from my iptv provider

maegibbons

Hi

If its just the natural order of the M3U you are after, then @@Luke would just need to auto assign a incremental channel-id from a pre-determined start point when the m3u is parsed.  Obviously if the channel-id tag is present in the m3u then that should be used.

From what you said in your original post it sounds as though emby is picking up the IPTV stream number i.e "308.ts" for BBC1 in your example.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons

FlawlessHosting

Where are you managing your bouquets? I was hoping for a similar end product but by having better channel admin within Emby. I can't see a way to manage bouquets from my iptv provider

Hi Spaceboy, you won't be able to see it if you are an end user or reseller. It is something on the admin side of the xtream panel (I'm a provider).

Hi

If its just the natural order of the M3U you are after, then @@Luke would just need to auto assign a incremental channel-id from a pre-determined start point when the m3u is parsed.  Obviously if the channel-id tag is present in the m3u then that should be used.

From what you said in your original post it sounds as though emby is picking up the IPTV stream number i.e "308.ts" for BBC1 in your example.

Krs

Mark

Hi Mark,

You hit the nail on the head. It is using the end number on the .ts stream rather than assigning a channel-id based on list order.

Though Emby's implementation seems different from others as it doesn't pull the categories from the panel where they are set.

Regards,

Mark

FlawlessHosting

So discounts for Emby users then ;)

Haha, discount for anyone who can help me get it working properly (especially with the android app, see other post I just did). Otherwise I'm stuck with PLEX even though I want to move over to Emby.

Jdiesel

Let us know if you get it sorted out. I was using Flawless a couple of months ago with Emby but ended up switching to a different provider due to all of the unwanted channels and VOD stuff cluttering my guide that I couldn't exclude from the m3u.

maegibbons

Hi

So everybody understands what you are talking about m3u wise here is an example for BBC1

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-ID="ENT: BBC 1 HD" tvg-name="UK: BBC 1 HD" tvg-logo="https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/BBC_One_2002.png" group-title="UK: Entertainment",UK: BBC 1 HD

Now there are a few problems.  First tvg-id in emby is used for the direct channel mapping to Schedules Direct channel-id for EPG data.

THAT CANNOT BE CHANGED LIGHTLY IMHO AS IT IS A CURRENT WORKING SOLUTION.  Unless a new tag is devised and used such as sd-id

However, there is no doubt that the emby guide could be made better with grouping based on your group-title tag for instance.

Going back to the order issue, i am sure in the fullness of time @@Luke will add the auto incremental option in relation to channel-id to accomodate situations like this

Krs

Mark

FlawlessHosting

Let us know if you get it sorted out. I was using Flawless a couple of months ago with Emby but ended up switching to a different provider due to all of the unwanted channels and VOD stuff cluttering my guide that I couldn't exclude from the m3u.

Hi Jdiesel,

Shame to hear that but based on my understand you just needed to save the playlist m3u after opening it with save VLC and then just delete all the VOD stuff from it and any channels you didn't want. Then you just had to use channel-id to manually set the channel order (something I'm painfully doing now), though you'd lose live updates to channels names like the MLB and so on, but the channels would still work.

Though obviously for this I removed all the VOD and gave it a unique bouquet with just the channels since the VOD is handled by Emby

maegibbons

If you decide to go back to flawless i have an access database of all there channels in which you can select the ones you want and then generate an m3u for just those channels with full Schedules Direct EPG channel mapping built in.

Krs

Mark

FlawlessHosting

Hi

So everybody understands what you are talking about m3u wise here is an example for BBC1

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-ID="ENT: BBC 1 HD" tvg-name="UK: BBC 1 HD" tvg-logo="https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/BBC_One_2002.png" group-title="UK: Entertainment",UK: BBC 1 HD

Now there are a few problems.  First tvg-id in emby is used for the direct channel mapping to Schedules Direct channel-id for EPG data.

THAT CANNOT BE CHANGED LIGHTLY IMHO AS IT IS A CURRENT WORKING SOLUTION.  Unless a new tag is devised and used such as sd-id

However, there is no doubt that the emby guide could be made better with grouping based on your group-title tag for instance.

Going back to the order issue, i am sure in the fullness of time @@Luke will add the auto incremental option in relation to channel-id to accomodate situations like this

Krs

Mark

Hi Mark,

I hope so, though my EXTINF is a lot shorter as other IPTV Plugins (such as the PLEX IPTV Plugin seem to know how to pull all the stuff from the xtream codes panel)

Mine is simply

#EXTINF:0 channel-id="1",UK: BBC 1 HD
http://flawless-iptv.net:4545/live/xxxx/xxxx/308.m3u8

The channel-id i added myself to start organising it and the xxxx being where the username and then password is stored in the m3u for that stream.

As for the EPG, I do that myself using webgrab.

Interestingly if I don't use a playlist file but instead provide the actual playlist link for it to request from the panel it does actually pull all the TV logos and stuff, so I can only assume it pulls the categories too but just ignores the channel order but haven't a clue where all this is cached yet as I'm new to Emby.

Regards.

Mark

FlawlessHosting

If you decide to go back to flawless i have an access database of all there channels in which you can select the ones you want and then generate an m3u for just those channels with full Schedules Direct EPG channel mapping built in.

Krs

Mark

Sounds pretty neat to be honest, didn't realise you were a Flawless User

maegibbons

Hi

I am an ACE-IPTV "Old Package" user which uses the flawless server and streams.  Do you actually get involved in the hosting part?

Krs

Mark

FlawlessHosting

Hi

I am an ACE-IPTV "Old Package" user which uses the flawless server and streams.  Do you actually get involved in the hosting part?

Krs

Mark

I am one of the admin who set it up, so yes I am FlawlessHosting itself, not a reseller.