Emby Theater no longer connecting to the Emby server

Marc1

Hi,

I have Emby server running on an Asustor AS3204T.   Starting last week, I can no longer connect to the emby server on the nas with the Emby theater client on my 2  computers.  When the Emby Theater software starts it gives this message.  

"This Emby server needs to be updated.  To Download the latest version please vist http://emby.media"

screen shot is attached

post-92669-0-13214300-1491331063_thumb.jpg

I have the latest version of emby installed on the NAS ( version 3.1.2 r1)  At least this is the latest version emby says.  I have tried to update via the nas, but it says this is the latest version.  

As this is a  nas I am unable to update to the latest version by downloading from the Ebmy web site.

I understand Asustor ( or any vendor ) will always not be 100% up-to-date, but why is the emby theater client suddenly refusing to connect to this version of the server, which I have had on this nas since Jan?

Thanks for your assistance,

Marc

Hi Geoff511,

Thank  you for the reply.   I tried the instructions you provided, but it did not seem to work.  When I go to the emby server page, it still says I'm running v.3.1.2.

I made a complete backup of the mediabrowser directory first.

What I did was

1) Download Emby.Mono.zip for version 3.2.10 and unzip it to a directory called Emby.Mono on my computer.

2) shutdown the emby server from the emby server web page, then disabled it in App Central.

3) copied all files from the Emby.Mono directory on my computer to the /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/mediabrowser directory on the NAS.

4) restarted the emby server. (I even restarted the NAS just to be sure).

Even upon reboot, according to the emby server settings page, I'm still running version 3.1.2 and it notifies me that version 3.2.10 is available.

I did notice that the contents of Emby.Mono on my computer looked nothing like the mediabrowser directory.  I'm not sure if this is an issue or not.

Do you see an that I did anything incorrectly?

Thanks,

Marc

geoff511

Hi Marc1,

Ummm ... sorry but I did a copy-paste of the instructions from my email and didn't realise that I had gone to the next directory down without even noticing it ...

/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/mediabrowser/bin     is where you need to be.

As said the directory files and structure are the same on your NAS as in the Mono zip, "When you unzip the Mono version, you will notice in step 5/6 that it's the same files and structure as what you already have"

so that should have told you that you were in the wrong folder.  But now worries, you've just put a heap of files into an area the program doesn't look at.

They need to go into the /bin folder.

I am very sorry for the goof up, I have fixed the instruction page.

Hi Geoff511,

Thank you for the reply.   I copied the files to the bin directory and I'm now running v.3.2.12.   The Emby client is connecting to the server again.

Thanks for the help!

• 4 months later...