Streaming issues on one of my Rokus

RemeJuan

RemeJuan

So I am having a strange issue with playback, I have 2 Roku streaming sticks and certain shows cannot play one 1 of them.

After some searching and testing I noticed something interesting in the logs, on the Roku I use there is a remux log and everything plays perfectly FPS is at like 80+.

Play the exact same file on the other stick and it transcodes instead which sits at like 11fps.

I have a lousy atom in need of replacement housing the server, so I am very particular about what formats I download to prevent this exact issue.

Is there something substantial that changed with the beta version of the Emby app on the Roku that makes it direct stream instead of transcode?

If so is there something I can do to work around this, as getting the latest version on the one will be a problem as it's user account was not registered in USA and Roku sucks, sell the thing in my country all nice and stuffs and then limit the features, does not support my time zone and lolz of all lolz I cannot download the roku remote app on my phone.

Thanks

Edited by RemeJuan

So the stick that works well is running the Beta app and the one that doesn't is running the old one?

The new app will have several playback improvements.

@@RemeJuan That sucks. What if somebody were to back up their copy of the roku remote with titanium backup and share the zipped apk with you?

Http://ereader.kiczek.com/com.roku.remote-4.0.2.2.zip

Official v4.0.2.2 USA Version

This is a free app, so I don't see copyright concerns. If there are somebody remove the link above. :)

RemeJuan

@@RemeJuan That sucks. What if somebody were to back up their copy of the roku remote with titanium backup and share the zipped apk with you?

Http://ereader.kiczek.com/com.roku.remote-4.0.2.2.zip

Official v4.0.2.2 USA Version

This is a free app, so I don't see copyright concerns. If there are somebody remove the link above. :)

Hey, thanks, but it's easy to work around that, it's available on apkmirror

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

RemeJuan

So the stick that works well is running the Beta app and the one that doesn't is running the old one?

The new app will have several playback improvements.

That kinda sucks, thanks.

RemeJuan

The fact our new app has playback improvements sucks...?

Not that, I was hoping the issue was on the server side, something I could fix. Without creating a whole new account and setting up the other roku from scratch, there is no way to get the new version on it until it comes out of beta.

Okay, thanks for the clarification :).

Interesting that you cannot install a private channel on the device.

RemeJuan

Okay, thanks for the clarification :).

Interesting that you cannot install a private channel on the device.

Devices activated outside the US are greatly restricted. Remote install via the online app store are not possible. Unless there is a way to sideboard, which seeing as the is no browser or USB port, that ain't going to happen.

Just to get a proper setup I had to spend 30min with support to delete my existing account while I was faking a us location through hola and offering a US paypal account for verification before they would delete my account so that I could recreate it in US.

dcook

You can install a private channel on the Roku if your are outside US, I am in Canada and it works fine.

What does not work outside the US is trying to install apps from the channel store.

In order to install from the channel store just search or browse in the actual Roku device and install from there.

For private channels you can install via web by entering the channel code in the box.

vaise

I am in Australia, using 6 roku's all registered in the UK using a VPN to the UK (as I wanted the UK apps on there - BBC Iplayer, channel4, channel 5 etc etc).  I have had no issues installing the beta's.