Supporter Key Invalid ??

hedgehogg

hedgehogg

MB3 Key Missing or Invalid - in order for any premium content to be registered, you must also be an MB3 Supporter. Please donate and support the continued development of the core product. Thank you.

I have 2 I bought Square and it reads expired so I decided to link them again now the newest one reads invalid as does the older one email is dave@white-elephant.co.uk

Try it now.  You created an infinite link.

You linked key 1 to key 2 and then linked key 2 back to key 1 and our system went "bleh..."

hedgehogg

But now ROC and NEO say expired (both paid for) no biggie as I use square now but can't see why that is so

• 3 weeks later...
Jambercob

I seem to have just done this myself. Purchased TV theme videos and it wasn't working so I tried re-entering and re-linking my keys and now it shows as not being a Supporter anymore. I linked them both ways not realizing it would cause a problem. The latest key was for e-mail address jambercob@gmail.com and the old one was jake@jakegerome.com. We use both accounts to purchase plugins since one is mine and the other is my fiancee's. Any chance you guys can fix this? I appreciate it!

Jambercob

It worked but the Movie video themes then said trial. I then re-linked but this time doing it the proper way by linking just the new key with the old one and it broke it again. jambercob@gmail.com was the newest key according to my e-mails but it doesn't seem to like me linking that key to the old one for jake@jakegerome.com. If you fix it again I won't touch it at this point. I'll just re buy the theme on the new e-mail instead of the old one. Sorry for the issues.

No, its just that I had to guess at which link to remove.  I'll try and find the other one and remove it.

• Like 1

Jambercob

Ok so that worked and they re-linked fine. It's strange though because 1 plugin (Movie Theme Videos) was registered under the new e-mail/key. The Supporter Key, TV Theme Songs and just yesterday TV Theme Videos was purchased under the old e-mail/key. TV Theme Videos still shows as Trial Expired but if I enter the old key and click save it then shows registered but then shows Movie Theme Videos as Trial Expired. 

Thanks for all the help and quick work!

Jambercob

I guess I must also say I noticed even though they linked, using the new key also shows TV Theme Songs as Trial Expired. Only thing I can think to do is use the old e-mail/key which I use more often to purchase with and purchase the Movie Theme Videos again using it instead of the other account.

The system isn't designed to be used the way you are.  It is meant to accommodate the situation where an email changes from an old one to a new one not to share two accounts so the link only goes one way.  Everything from the old key is moved to the new one but not the other way.

Jambercob

Ok, well i'll just stick with the older e-mail/key. I wasn't sure about this since when I tell it I lost my key the e-mail sent to jambercob@gmail.com says:

You have registered the following features to date:

moviethemevideos
mbsupporter
themesongs
themevideos

Thanks for looking into this for me though and hopefully others will see these postings and not make the same mistake.