Show Off Your Internet Speed

saajan4u

mellomade

Umm.....congratulations on being fortunate enough to live in an area that offers great bandwidth and being able to afford to pay for it.

WTF?!?

• Like 2

Happy2Play

Is that a home connection or a server at a datacenter?

saajan4u

Is that a home connection or a server at a datacenter?

I wish that was at home. You're right it's in a data centre where i host my emby server from.

Allan Cameron

Here is mine. Looks like dcook and I both share the same server host lol

58e1f1d0cf4b1_Capture.jpg

I make use of my speed, i reached just over 4TB of data usage for May. I average about 3TB+ a month.

Edited by a1b2c3

CBers

Moved to HARDWARE forum.

For the record, I get ~210Mbps (~26MB) down and ~12Mbps (~1.5MB) upload.

I'll do a graphic later.

• Like 1

colejack

This is the best I can get in my area. Plus we now have Comcast's lovely 1TB cap. Had to adjust bandwidth usage. I guess this way my new storage server will last a lot longer, lol.

I pay for 75/10

6186406488.png

mediacowboy

6186900251.png

Love My download but wish my upload was higher.

Edited by mediacowboy

Allan Cameron

6186900251.png

Love My download but wish my upload was higher.

Don't feel so bad look how low mine is.

But for me it doesn't matter because I never really upload anything. Could be 1mbs for all I care lol

mediacowboy

I have 5 remote users. Then all my devices that I like to use while traveling or watching on lunch.

techywarrior

58e2870cd86e0_speedtest.jpg

This is my home connection. I've seen it hovering around 800/800 most tests but obviously it fluctuates a bit (at this speed a "bit" is a lot. lol).

Technically it's 1000/1000 Mbps connection but you never hit theoretical max in real use.

And yea... that's $50 USD / month. Sorry everyone.

mediacowboy

58e2870cd86e0_speedtest.jpg

This is my home connection. I've seen it hovering around 800/800 most tests but obviously it fluctuates a bit (at this speed a "bit" is a lot. lol).

Technically it's 1000/1000 Mbps connection but you never hit theoretical max in real use.

And yea... that's $50 USD / month. Sorry everyone.

Who's the ISP?

techywarrior

@@techywarrior, is that google fiber?

It's actually WebPass but they were recently bought by Google (whatever Google is calling their ISP service now under Alphabet). It's not fiber it's point to point microwave to a central location and then fiber from there.

Swynol

at home i have 80mbps down 25mbps with BT. i could pay more for their 300/20 but 80mbps is fine for me. 

in work we have a theoretical line of 1gpbs however we are throttled to 300/300 with burst speed of 800mbps. 

pir8radio

Mine seems to vary between test sites... I have two gigabit internet connections that are identical, I load balance my incoming requests between the two NIC's but I have no way to bind them for a speedtest, so these are my results for one connection/NIC. My actual bandwidth should be double what these results show. My emby server also sits in a data center.

speedtest.png

speedtestbeta.png

This just shows the load balancing taking place when someone watches a movie:

58e4de942f994_loadbalance.png

So my speed should be around 1.8/1.8Gbps ±100Mbps

Edited by pir8radio
  • Like 2

sansoo22

Is there a data cap?

Not that I am aware of.  I'm not a super heavy user though.  Most months I average 100gigs of traffic between offsite backups and downloads.  They give you a 1TB Google Drive account for being a customer so all of my sensitive data and OS images go up to the cloud.  Once on vacation when I was rebuilding my media library I managed to almost hit a terabyte of traffic but Google never even sent me a notice.  

One thing I don't like are how open their terms of service are for interpretation.  Most of the wording is centered around "abusive" behavior but it never outlines what that is other than DMCA notices and illegal content.  So I don't know if a several terabyte offsite back up would be considered abusive or not.  I know they have a business class service and you aren't supposed to use the home service for commercial use.  But I don't know if they just use algorithms to decipher your traffic patterns or not.  

It is Google after all so I just assume they are doing all kinds of stuff I'm not aware of.  

• Like 1

CBers

Moved to HARDWARE forum.

For the record, I get ~210Mbps (~26MB) down and ~12Mbps (~1.5MB) upload.

I'll do a graphic later.

6209265678.png