Automatic Server Change

deaerator

deaerator

I got my iphone setup to use the local wifi network and I also got it setup to use the client WAN url that is provided by the server.

During my transition to local network to external what are the chances that the ios app can automatically cycle through your servers for the next connection instead of gonig in the settings and manually changing the server. 

mariob33

Setup a DNS service like dyndns and always use your DNS host name. This way your server address will always be something like mymbserver.com:5096

• Like 2

Vidman

That doesn't work if you are connected to the LAN that the DNS service points to.

I like the way the android app transdroid works in that for each server connection setting you can specify a WAN connection address and port and LAN connection address and port...then you also specify your home WiFi ssid then when the app loads it will use the LAN settings if connected to your home network otherwise it uses the WAN settings

Edited by Vidman

Logos302

The server actually has both ip's that can be queried by the client apps.  But I don't think they are using it yet.  Might be worth asking for a feature request in the IOS client forum.