Emby theater trouble

dredrizzah

FrostByte

As another test I tried 5 episodes of Got S6 with AC3 and they they all crashed at the same point at about 30-60 secs of beginning.  Then I tried a couple episodes of GoT S4 with DTS and it paused at the exact same point as the others, but they both recovered themselves and kept going.  Of course the ones from S4 remuxed because of the DTS

• Like 1

dredrizzah

My question is there ever going to be a fix for this problem? I purchased a lifetime subscription to be able to watch my media natively on my console. It's​ funny at least I was able to get a full minute before​ I purchased premier!! Lol!!!

moviefan

I rebuilt my Emby server from scratch over the weekend (for other reasons) and that seemed to dramatically improve this problem for me.

MJAussie360

Same issues for me here on xbox one app, Switched to Ember and haven't had a single issue as of yet.

Is there a place we can read the patch notes for each update that gets done?

dredrizzah

Well I tried Ember it works but it does not work well with MKV files. Hopefully we'll have a fix for Emby soon. So if your Xbox One emby theater user do not get ember. Wait for the update that fixes emby theater for Xbox One.

• 2 weeks later...
dredrizzah

OK I've noticed something when playing content that has aac audio it shuts down the app. Now when i play a movie with mp3 audio it plays with no problem . So i will do some tinkering with different audio/video formats and see what happens.

david@teamzona.us

I've been having this exact same problem too ever since the Xbox One update. When attempting to play a movie, it gets about 20-30 seconds into it then it kicks back to the XBox Dashboard. I've also tried updating to the latest Emby server and reinstalling the server app. My movie library has not changed, I do rip using AAC audio. 

• 2 weeks later...
dredrizzah

Ok everyone I've believe we have a fix!!! As of this morning, I received a server update a Xbox One app update and I've been able to watch everything with no crashing.

I also noticed that I could not access my media remotely on my phone. So I made sure the port was open and it wasn't. So make sure your ports are open for Emby.

Thanks to the Emby team!!!

FrostByte

Ok everyone I've believe we have a fix!!! As of this morning, I received a server update a Xbox One app update and I've been able to watch everything with no crashing.

I also noticed that I could not access my media remotely on my phone. So I made sure the port was open and it wasn't. So make sure your ports are open for Emby.

Thanks to the Emby team!!!

Have you noticed if it's not Direct Playing anymore?  Everyone I've seen that says it works now also says it's remuxing audio which DP'd at one time, specifically Dolby Digital.  DPing of DD stopped working for me since v116

Edited by FrostByte

• 2 years later...

Theater now has the virtual scrolling feature for vertical lists:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82293-44012-virtual-scrolling/

That means the lists will no longer load your entire library contents all at once and will instead only load what you see at once. This will help make the entire app more responsive and improve navigation performance.