Emby theater trouble

dredrizzah

dredrizzah

It seems since I paid for my emby Premier lifetime subscription none of my emby theater apps work on my Samsung television Nor my Xbox One I'm wondering if anybody can help with one problem.

Edited by dredrizzah

Hi @dredizzah, we're sorry to hear about this. Can you please describe the issue that you're having? Thanks !

dredrizzah

When I try to play a movie on my Xbox One using Emby theater it will play for a couple of seconds then it stops.

dredrizzah

I've been using Emby/Media Browser for years and I haven't ever encountered an issue like this.

dredrizzah

I've completely uninstalled the server and reinstalled the server. I'll post the server log and hopefully resolve the issue.

Guest asrequested

Post the whole log, so that Luke can see. But recreate the error first, and make sure the log you attach is for that time period.

• Like 1

I believe it is the latest Xbox One update which might be causing issues. I shall post my server log.

Yes it is. I am doing my best to work around them. I pushed out an update tonight so please try again in a day or two. Thanks.

• Like 2

Hyanar

Yes it is. I am doing my best to work around them. I pushed out an update tonight so please try again in a day or two. Thanks.

Nice! Thanks!

dredrizzah

My Xbox Emby App has updated twice but it still cuts off when trying to watch a movie. It's strange because if I push a movie via play to device it works no problem.

• Like 1

SWKerr

As of 4/6/2017 I am still having this issue with the Xbox One app.  It appears related to the Xbox update and Emby only plays for a few minutes and then crashes back to the home screen.  The Windows 10 and FireTV apps do not appear to be impacted by any issues and playback fine.    

FrostByte

Yes, I'm seeing the same here.  Plays for a few seconds and then the app just crashes and kicks me out to the dashboard.  Right after the recent XB1 OS update the app crashed and then it seemed to be working with version .93 I think and now the last two versions of the app it crashes again.

I was able to complete a 42 min agents of shield episode. i am 10 minutes into another I will continue to test video playback on it. Right now not seeing any issues.

dredrizzah

Luke, so what I noticed is when I play a full length film it goes to the dashboard. It will play with no problem when it's not a full length film.

Edited by dredrizzah

Ok just started a movie. I'm a few minutes into the karate kid. i'll let it play to the end.

FrostByte

I've gotten episodes and movies that play with no problem.  Then at other times I get episodes and movies that don't and cause the app to crash.  So far every episode or movie with internal subtitles will crash, but I've got to do some more testing since I don't have a lot I'll need to create more. 

In the episode of Daredevil I wasn't even playing the subtitles when it crashed.  There were internal ones, but not default.  Played just fine in the Samsung app.

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Well, it' not subtitles either but still crashing when playing on the Xbox One.  As a test I tried 3 times with an episode from Daredevil with and without subs and all 3 tests crashed the app to the dashboard.  All 3 tests crashed at the exact same time (within about 30 secs of beginning of episode)

This same file plays just fine using the latest UWP app from the Windows store v1.1.95 and when using either of the Samsung apps

Server log:

https://pastebin.com/1CwPTL7K

Test1: Daredevil with internal subs with 1 forced sub with 7 lines of text

58e7abd9a128f_Untitled.jpg

Test2: Same episode and no forced subs

58e7ab771765b_Untitled.jpg

Test3: no subs at all and still crashes

58e7ac231c675_Untitled.jpg

https://pastebin.com/1CwPTL7K