Emby Server, Emby Theater, TV Series Metadata - Option to Override Spoiler Settings on a Per-Series Basis

funwithmedia

funwithmedia

As I gradually am getting my library transitioned into Emby one thing that I've noticed is that I have some TV shows where the anti-spoiler feature makes sense because the shows episodes have a lot of continuity. But for other shows continuity is not really an issue and I would normally hop around watching whichever episode interested me at the time (The Simpsons is an example of this kind of show).

So I think it could be useful to add an option in the Series Metadata to enable or disable Anti-Spoiler functionality for that Series, and this setting would take precedence over any global setting. So we probably want to make the setting have three states along the lines of: Always Use Anti-Spoiler Features, Never Use Anti-Spoiler Features, and Respect Global Anti-Spoiler Settings (which would be the same as if this item is never set by the user, ie the default). Then folks can configure things whichever way makes sense for their collection.

:)

PS - If this is something you might like to see implemented, be sure to "Like" this top/first post (as well as any subsequent posts in this thread that highlight particular aspects of what you are interested in) -- "Liking" the top/first post helps the Devs to know how much interest there is in a given Feature Request.

Edited by funwithmedia
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
AdrianW

I think they're saying they'd like a global setting and the option to override that on a show by show basis. So, they'd only be configuring it for the exceptions.

• Like 2

funwithmedia

I think they're saying they'd like a global setting and the option to override that on a show by show basis. So, they'd only be configuring it for the exceptions.

Exactly! :) Because as @@Luke rightly points out it is not that we'd want to configure this for every series. But rather just for the exceptions.

fusrodah26

Correct. There are certain shows that are spoiled by episode synopses and episode thumbnails and it'd be nice to avoid those when needed, but most of the time those thumbnails/recaps are nice to have. 

• 7 months later...