FR: MB Bookshelf - Comics

DGMayor

DGMayor

@@Redshirt,

I noticed looking at the logs that if Bookshelf detects the file as a comic, it will pull the info from comicvine, however it seems to have a hard time determining it sometimes..

would it be possible to search the folder of the comics for a file and get the info from there?   All of my comic folders have a cvinfo. file that contain their ComicVine link..

For example, The Dark Horse Comics title "The Massive".  The file contains a single line of text:

http://www.comicvine.com/the-massive/4050-49666/

Right now I'm manually running some scripts to extract the cover pages out and things like that, but automation is preferred, obviously!

• Like 1

Redshirt

Is ComicVine generating that file, or are you? When I did the initial coding I discovered that ComicVine would only save external metadata for .cbz and not for .cbr.

would it be possible to make it so when you go to edit on the server you can put the comicvine ID# under the external ID section?... my comic collection is 100gb plus that would make my editing process a lot quicker

Redshirt

Right now the comics parent is just a folder to MediaBrowser, so you can't assign an ID to it. Looking back I think that's a mistake and should really be creating a new entity that holds all the individual comics so users can assign both the needed comicvine id's