Live TV stuttering on Xiaomi Mi Box 4k

tgessendorfer
Go to solution Solved by tgessendorfer,

tgessendorfer

Hello,

I am running Emby Apps on all kind of devices like Android, MacOS, Nvidia Shield (Android TV) and now purchased the new Xiaomi Mi Box 4k to watch Live TV and sometimes Movies.

I have a stuttering Video during Live TV playback, only on this Android TV device as all other devices work well. Changed all kind of settings like resolution, transcoding framerates etc... no luck!?

I am a bit confused as Xiaomi claims this box as superior device and the price is just fine. Does anyone else have similar issues with the Xiaomi device(s)?? Any tips or hints???

maegibbons

Hi

I have an Xiaomi Mi Box 4k and have not seen this.

Is it purely live TV or other media to?

If Live TV only what is your source - HDHR or IPTV or a plugin?

Krs

Mark

tgessendorfer

Hey... It's just LiveTV and I am using the Enigma2 plugin with a Vuplus settopbox... Will provide all details soon...

tgessendorfer

Hello,

I am running Emby Apps on all kind of devices like Android, MacOS, Nvidia Shield (Android TV) and now purchased the new Xiaomi Mi Box 3 4k to watch Live TV and sometimes Movies.

I have a stuttering Video during Live TV playback, only on this Android TV device as all other devices work well. Changed all kind of settings like resolution, transcoding framerates etc... no luck!?

I am a bit confused as Xiaomi claims this box as superior device and the price is just fine. Does anyone else have similar issues with the Xiaomi device(s)?? Any tips or hints???

Some more findings:

• the internal player doesn't properly work at all
    • stops after some seconds, hangs, starts with massive stuttering again etc...

• VLC works much better but have still this kind of stuttering
  • MXPlayer Pro is worse than VLC but the stream doesn't break at all

Logfiles attached.

Having said on my Nvidia Shield TV Android TV Box same process's (from the same network as the Mi Box 3 4k TV) work just fine.

ffmpeg-directstream-4f16c212-e9a6-4e07-9f3b-05414fe2a212.txt.txt

server-63626806592.txt.txt

Edited by tgessendorfer

tgessendorfer

Could be network throughput...

No guesses please...

I mentioned already... 

Having said on my Nvidia Shield TV Android TV Box same process's (from the same network as the Mi Box 3 4k TV) work just fine.

No guesses please...

I mentioned already... 

I'm afraid there is nothing I can do but guess as I'm not there to actually see anything :).

And, just because another device works on the same network is no indication of the operation of a different device.  And, since the Mi is wireless only (unless you hooked up a USB adapter to it) then that is also a huge wildcard.

• Like 1

• Solution
tgessendorfer

I think it's the Wifi router (AVM Fritz! Box 6490) which I am using... Nvidia Shield TV has 1GbE and the Mi Box 3 4K has Wifi on 5Ghz (sitting next to the router however).

There seems to be an issue with the 5Ghz Wifi (no real usage in my environment as I am using LAN cables wherever I can).

I have now switched from 5Ghz Wifi to 2.4Ghz Wifi on the same router and it works!!! Would never have thought something like this can happen. Probabyl need to raise a ticket with AVM for the router and/or Xiaomi for the Mi Box assuming it's the box having issues as all other local Wifi devices on the 5Ghz network are just fine....

Arghhh.... cost me 10 hrs of testing and hopefully fine now when staying on 2.4 Wifi

• Like 1

tgessendorfer

Yes!Sorry for that...I was assuming my network is fine as all worked...Never had something like this as I thought 5Ghz on short range should always be better... Now I am wiser as well...