Question about voice search

SHSPVR

SHSPVR

I really don't like Roku Emby all much it doesn't even come close to being as useful when try get a round and there way to search the media 

It need have useful feature like Ember or Web interface

Edited by SHSPVR

SHSPVR

Have you seen this Sneak Peek images here?

Odd it dosen't look like that and preview said something it was over so I had thought Emby was out preview and remove it

So I guesting it doesn't automatic update ?.

Edited by SHSPVR

SHSPVR

I see you moved it from preview to beta no wonder why it wasn't work.

My brother never said anything about and way using the old ver I have fix that.

Edited by SHSPVR

SHSPVR

Thanks any way I fix it but my brother ask where search box is I have agree as we can't use the one on the remote

SHSPVR

Can you describe why you're unable to use search with the remote?

It just goes back to main screen in stead of emby search page

Edited by SHSPVR

Can you describe in more detail the sequence of button presses leading to this? thanks !

SHSPVR

I'm in Roku main menu

I launch Emby Client

I push on the search button on the remote, in stead of it going to Emby search page like when one scroll down to search icon and sel it, it jump back to Roku main​ menu displaying

Press and hold search while speak.

Only release the button when you are done speaking

Edited by SHSPVR

I didn't realize there was a Roku with a dedicated search button on the remote.  Is this a Roku TV?

To search in the app, you will need to use the on-screen search icon for now.

I didn't realize there was a Roku with a dedicated search button on the remote.

Your premier doesnt have the maginfying glass button like my ultra does?0d52a29b63fda158fa0c655b078698ae.jpg

SHSPVR

I didn't realize there was a Roku with a dedicated search button on the remote.  Is this a Roku TV?

To search in the app, you will need to use the on-screen search icon for now.

Just like what speechless posted which is Roku Enhanced Gaming Remote with Voice Search (Roku 3 (models 4230 & 4200) and Roku 2 (model 4210) streaming players. This remote supports motion control gaming) and there also Roku Enhanced Remote with Voice Search (Roku Ultra, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+, and Roku 4) which also has a maginfying glass button

Ok I let my brother know he just have scroll down to the search icon

Edited by SHSPVR

It takes you to the homescreen and loads the "ok roku" voice to text app on the lower portion of the screen. Which is roku voice search which searches for content among partner apps. I push that search button hold it, say transformers, then unhold button. The roku shows every partner app where it can be streamed and their price points.

https://support.roku.com/article/208756908-how-to-find-movies-and-tv-shows-using-voice-search

Edited by speechles

It takes you to the homescreen and loads the "ok roku" voice to text app on the lower portion of the screen. Which is roku voice search which searches for content among partner apps. I push that search button hold it, say transformers, then unhold button. The roku shows every partner app where it can be streamed and their price points.

Ah - okay.  So it is like the Amazon Fire - locked to their partners.  Thx.

Yeah, its more for finding content from roku partners, than it is for finding content on your own emby server. It would be possible to have emby library items populate in voice search, but because of how emby assigns each users library items with different paths/ID's it makes things tricky. If someone who codes the app were to customize voice search to work on their own personal emby server this could work, but would not work on anyone elses emby server because Paths/ID's no longer match.

Edited by speechles